Pages

Saturday, 4 July 2026

Stencils at Allsorts

At Allsorts Challenge this time Donna has chosen Stencils as the optional theme,

anything goes also welcome.

I forget how useful stencils can be and although I don't have that many in my stash, I usually ink them for a background. On this occasion I got out a water colour pad and decided to pain the stencil for change. This one was free with a magazine.

 


Once I had dry brushed the colour in I splattered with gold water colour paint and added a stamped message, also a magazine freebie. I intend to do more painting in my book. Watch this space!!


                        Two winners will each receive three random stencils/sets from those above.

Many thanks for visiting today xx

18 comments:

  1. I have that same stencil and I have yet to use it! May have to rescue it from Mt. Nebus after seeing your pretty bloom Sarah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Sunflower Sarah and the spatters really add interest without overshadowing. Keep cool, the boys and girls had a hose down this week and for the first time in 20 years Heskey stood still without fidgeting and actually enjoyed it.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Sarah. The stencilling makes a lovely focal point.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely CAS stencilling. It's so bright and colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Effective painting, and the sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely bright summer colours Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very artistic looking Sarah, a lovely stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sunny appearance of this colourful stencilled flower

    ReplyDelete
  9. This turned out so beautifully, love the watercolor look! I need to be more creative with my stencils!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful design with your stenciling with paints!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely stencil Sarah and love the colour variation and of course the splatters..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sarah
    What a lovely project for your inspiration book. Love the gold splatters .. .. .. something I hardly ever do. Must try it more. Thank you for the reminder.
    Hope you are having a lovely weekend.
    Love Jules xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this stencilled card. Good idea to use watercolour paper to paint through the stencil xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the watercolour effect of your stencilling, Sarah! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty and summery, yes i think we often use stencils in the background now that we forget to use them as the main focus

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stencils really are a workhorse in our crafty stash so many uses. Great use of the freebie and a watercolour journal is a great place to experiment with a multitude of mediums. Pretty design.
    Happy creative July Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simple and beautiful. I have a box filled with stencils that I never use. Thanks for the inspiration my friend. I think I'll look thru my box and find one or two to create something pretty with :-)
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  18. You killed this challenge, Sarah! Love that you used the paint, something I have never done, hmmmm. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it!!