Tuesday 25 July 2017

A very fancy fold!!

You know yesterday I said I managed a bit of crafty indulgence over the weekend, well it was inspired by the new challenge at Allsorts. I am ashamed to say that it has been a while since I have entered any of their challenges as work commitments meant I only had time for DT pieces, most of which weren't suitable. So when I saw the Fancy Folds challenge this week that was inspiration enough for me to make time to play and here is what I made. 


and a side view...ish


and this rubbish picture shows how it will look when it comes out of the envelope


Like the one I shared last week it looks complicated but in actual fact is very easy. 
The beauty is that it is flat for posting and yet stands centre stage in the mantelpiece!!
I have also been itching to have a go at colouring on kraft again and was inspired by Jules and her lovely work in Quick Cards Made Easy.

Here are the measurements if you fancy having a go!!

 You need card stock 11" long and about 4" wide. Score the long edge at 1",  2.75", 3.75", 5.50", 7.25", 8.25" and 10". Cut a slot along the 5.50" (halfway score) leaving half an inch either side so that your mat can fit through. Score and fold, decorate a 5" x 3" mat, making sure it is one layer only otherwise it won't slide through, poke it through the slot between the flaps inside and secure with wet glue or extra sticky tape. If my instructions are pants  (!!!) I am sure you will find demos on YouTube!! 

If you are still with me, thank you !! See you Thursday xx

26 comments:

Lisa xx said...

oooh this is terrific Sarah, and a new one on me but it looks great....love, love, love the red gingham too xx

aussie aNNie said...

Sure is one fabulous fold Sarah, love how you placed the ribbon. Thanks for the tut.xx [aNNie]

Julie B said...

Super pop up, may have a try!
You could also join us at either or both Cardz too. :)

Carole Pollard said...

This looks amazing and I'm loving the colouring on kraft must try to have a go at that some time A brilliant card and idea Love and hugs Carole x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a gorgeous dimensional card Sarah, I've never tried one of these but will be having a go using your instructions soon. I love the kraft card and your colouring on it, something else I've never tried - I tend to get asked to do the same things for customers and have no time left for playing at what I would like to do. Time for a change I think!
Lorraine

Veerle said...

This is super gorgeous Sarah. Love the pretty flowers.
Hugs Veerle xx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image and great design.xxx

Mummylade said...

Glad we could inspire you :). Thank you for participating with such a lovely project in our challenge at Allsorts this week!

Chrissy said...

A FABulous project Sarah and I love the fold and to think it folds flat for posting is awesome..love your colouring on kraft and a gorgeous image..

Luv CHRISSYxx

cotnob said...

A super card Sarah, such a fabulous design and great colouring on Kraft - it certainly looks complicated.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Annette said...

Wow, that looks very clever and adventurous. Fantastic project Sarah. xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Sarah,
what a brilliant shape card and such lovely folds too.
Your image is excellent and coloured so well.
Good luck inthe challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Lorraine said...

What a gorgeous project, love the design and those flowers look so pretty
Lorraine x

Carol S. said...

OMG!! Many years ago I did quite a lot of magazine work and this was one of them!! Love the beautifully coloured image. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Laine said...

Such a great card shape Sarah and fabulous creation of kraft.
Laine
xx

brenda said...

Great folded shape and a really pretty card Sarah, many thanks for joining in with our Fancy Folds theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

meg said...

love your colouring on the kraft, a fantastic dimensional card with great instructions, the gingham bow finishes it off perfectly.

Megan J said...

Hi Sarah, Wowsers, what a stunning card, love the unusual fold and the colouring on kraft, looks fabulous. Have a wonderful week... Megan

Jane Savage said...

Stunning make, Sarah! Love your 'fancy fold' and the white embossing and colouring on kraft is just awesome! xxx

Jules said...

Hi Sarah

A great card.

Love the shape and your colouring is amazing.

Thanks for the "shout out" .. .. and apologies for the "ants" I mentioned on my blog .. .. I promise not to do that again LOL!!!

Love Jules xx

susiestacey said...

Lovely project Sarah and your colouring on Kraft looks fab. Perfect for this weeks challenge.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Fancy Folds' challenge and good luck x Susan x

Brenda said...

Love this, must give it a try.

Lynne in NI said...

What a fab project Sarah, your colouring on the kraft is gorgeous too!

KandA said...

Really great design Sarah and I love the colouring on kraft xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a cool card design! Love the way it has its own little 'stage' to stand on and that white line stamping is fab!! Love your colouring on kraft. Utterly gorgeous hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

*Vicki* said...

Very cool design!! I love the pop up style of card! I had made one years ago during my Stampin' Up! demo days! I think there is a video somewhere, but I'd have to look for it! I love your image and colors on this my friend! HUGS