Thursday 20 December 2018

AYLI Stencils

Happy Thursday everyone!!

I have my As You Like It Challenge piece today and, I don't mind admitting, it was a bit of a head scratcher when I saw the theme...Stencil (See further down this post!!) Then I remembered that when The Craft Barn closed I took advantage of the huge discounts and had a spend on things that would stretch my imagination a little. Among those purchases was a Tim Holtz Poinsettia layered stencil, so armed with that and some distress inks I did this....


...and although I say so myself, I think it's a pretty good effort from a cute image, alcohol marker obsessed crafter!!

EDIT...When I came to post my card I realized that the theme is now Anything Goes
and what a right twit I feel!! I blame it on too much Christmas spirit ( that would be the gin then!!)

I hope that you will join in!!


I am unlikely to post again before Christmas so while I am here I would like to thank each and every one of you for your continued visits, support and lovely comments over the past year. I know blogging is not quite so popular as it was, due to the other platforms available, but it's still a community that I enjoy very much and will continue to do so as long as you are there to share it with me. All that remains is for me to wish you all a Peaceful and Happy Christmas and a Healthy and Prosperous New Year.

See you on the other side of the festivities!! xx

16 comments:

meg said...

Beautiful card.Love the stencil and the soft colours against the gold

Julie B said...

Fab card whatever the theme! It happens to us all at some time! :)

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Stunningly beautiful Sarah, this is such a pretty card and I love the colours that you've used. Crafty Christmas wishes, Sandra x

Diane said...

Really stunning colors and design Sarah. Best of the holidays.

Hugs Diane

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Sarah, your stencilled Poinsettias are fabulous and I love the way you have added the sentiment.
It's always a pleasure to visit your blog and see what you have created, I agree that blogging is not as popular as it once was, but it is still my preferred medium for sharing my cards.
Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Carol S. said...

I used to be a Tutor at the Craft Barn and did some heavy buying when they were selling up. They hope to move up to where I live next year. Your card is stunning and the colouring is fantastic. A definite 'WOW' card! Have a wonderful Christmas and a great 2019. Big hugs, Carol S.xxxx

Claire said...

Well Sarah you rocked the stencil so I think it was fate to get the theme mixed up. This looks great and the gold certainly adds a touch of elegance, a really pretty card x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Sarah, this is BEAUTIFUL! So so beautiful!! I love it to bits! Hehe about the theme change! Was such a beautiful result, so worth the theme mix up! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas hun and happy new year. I love our lil' blogging community too and I'll still be here. The other platforms are fine, but the blogs is still my fav'. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Wendy said...

So beautiful Sarah, love it!...Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Hugs
Wendy xx

Annette said...

Despite the mix up, I LOVE your stencil card Sarah. Have a lovely Christmas and I'll catch you on the other side! xxxx

Darnell said...

Well, Sarah, at least your stencil theme fits perfectly in the "AG" theme and you've stretched your design skills in a beautiful way! I would never guess that you weren't a seasoned stenciler, that's how gorgeous your blending is and your choice of gold was brilliant! 🎄Happy Christmas and Holiday Hugs, Darnell

Linda Mc Enery said...

Oh wow!!! How gorgeous! Fantastic job Sarah!

Too much Christmas spirit... I love it!!

Wishing you and yours a blessed Christmas and a fun filled 2019!
Linda

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh your stencil is so pretty Sarah and I love the gold highlights too
Hope you have a fab Christmas and very best wishes for 2019 x

Michelle said...

Really gorgeous stencilling. Hope you had a lovely Christmas Sarah - Michelle x

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Sarah, love your beautiful poinsettias.
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wishing you and your family a Happy and Healthy New Year! xx

Brenda said...

Sarah, I’m rather glad you didn’t realize the change, this card is a real beauty! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and pray the new year is full of all that is good for you and your family, furry ones included!❤️