Thursday 14 February 2019

Birthday or Christmas at AYLI

Happy Valentine's Day...mwah!! 

Not a Valentine card in sight here...it's Christmas!!

At As You Like It we are asking you to share your favourite makes for either Birthday or Christmas.


I am sharing some Christmas cards that I made using a wreath template that I fashioned from some grey board. After spending ages scrolling through Pinterest, as you do, I was fascinated by some really lovely cards made using a Wreath Builder template which, to my horror were quite expensive and hard to come by. I set to with a square die, pencil, ruler and some grey board and made one of my own to use with my stamping platform. On reflection I then looked on You Tube and found tutorials showing how to make them, so if you fancy having a go that's where to look!!

Here are the first batch of three that I made using, what I call, filler stamps from various sets that have been accumulated over the years.

Card-io stamps here



Crafters Companion stamps here



...and here.


I hope I have inspired you both to enter the challenge and to have a go at making your own wreath stamping template. I really surprised myself by how much I enjoyed the process, and coming from a cute image colourer, that is saying something!!

That's all from me for this week.
 Have a good weekend, when you get there xx

20 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Sarah,
beautiful Christmas cards and those wreaths you have stamped look amazing.
You are very clever making your own template.
Love all your unusual design wreaths and their super colour ways.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Julie B said...

Three fab Christmas cards Sarah, you could link them up at ATSM.
I too baulked at the cost of the wreath template so made my own from a YouTube video!
Thick fog here this morning, according to the weather girl it must mean we are in E Wales! :)

meg said...

love these Sarah, ingenious of you to create your own template

KandA said...

Three fabulous cards Sarah, great designs and lovely stamps especially the flower ones xx

Jane Savage said...

Ingenious!! Love these, Sarah what a great effect! xx

aussie aNNie said...

Three admirable cards Sarah, lovely all of them and stamping is fabulous.xx

Elaine Stark said...

Lovely fresh cards. Love the circle design. Elaine

cotnob said...

Fabulous Christmas cards Sarah, your wreaths are beautiful, well done creating your own template.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a fabulous set of Christmas cards Sarah, love all stamps you have used in your design.
Lorraine

Lorraine said...

Three gorgeous Christmas cards. Love the wreath design and colours.
Lorraine x

Annette said...

Fab cards Sarah. I'm glad I'm not the only one who loses track of time on Pinterest!!!
xx

Debbie said...

Hi Sarah, I am simply loving your wreath cards.So clean and crisp, yet detailed. Good for you making your own template. Love them. Hope you're okay. Hugs xx

Lynne said...

Lovely cards Sarah and a great way of using all those little stamps that seem to get forgotten x

Diane said...

Beautiful stamped images and the wreath shape is perfect.

Hugs Diane

Unknown said...

Oh these are some fab xmas cards!! Love the designs! especially the reindeer one!
Lucy x

Pat said...

Fabulous cards Sarah, your wreath designs are great.

Pat xx

Lena said...

What a festive set of cards, Sarah. I've seen a number of bloggie friends making wreath cards and I always admire them, but to be honest, I just haven't had the time to give it a try. I may do that now. Thank you for the inspiration, my friend.
Have an awesome day!
♥ Lena
Lena’s Creations

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh that is SO clever Sarah! I LOVE what you did with this wreath builder idea. How fab to have made you're own. The results are fabulous! Love them all, but especially love the very scandinavian feel of the last one. So so gorgeous hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Brenda said...

Amazing cards Sarah! I've looked at the wreath builders too, but never thought about attempting to make my own, this is terrific! May have to make a visit to Pinterest...

Lynne in NI said...

Well done you! These look fab!