Wednesday 27 February 2013

Mothering Sunday

I am ashamed to say that I didn't get quite as much crafty activity as I had hoped last week. Hubby had a few days off too, so we were out and about. It's far too cold to do much outside this week though so I holed up in my den and  took some inspiration from the following challenges and made a card for my Mum.



 I used a Vintage Step Card blank from Which Craft UK as a base and inked the edges of some
 First Edition ( Boho Chic) papers between which I sandwiched some gauze that I found in my medicine cupboard  (goodness knows where it came from !!). I die cut two fancy spellbinders ovals and cut the rim from the white one on to which I stamped Phoebe, another cutie from the Angelica and Friends range from Crafters Companion which I coloured with Promarkers.
 I seem to remember that, when I was a little one, my Mum and Dad used to go ballroom dancing and I loved dressing up in one of  Mum's nighties and her dancing shoes, so this image was just perfect and I am sure it will make her chuckle. 


I found some letter stickers which fitted the colourway perfectly and added the sentiment to a concealed tag, tied with ribbon and button twine, with which I attached a little shoe that I found lurking in my bits and pieces basket - perfect!

I appreciate your visit x

2 comments:

Louise said...

Gorgeous shaped card,thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week.
Louise xx

Sarah said...

Test