Monday 19 November 2018

A wreath...two ways!!

Morning all, I hope you are raring to go at the start of a new week!! I am back to work today following a week of Annual Leave, so not much enthusiasm from this end!!

Anyway to cheer myself up on my last day off, I sneaked off to my work room yesterday and had a crafty session and made these.....





Right from the launch of Darnell's "twofer"card  challenge  I have had good intentions of joining in (to challenge myself actually) and for one reason or other have never managed it. I have now put that right!! The theme this month is Wreath  and as I appear to I have many wreath stamp sets it was the perfect chance to play along. I chose one from a Cats Pajamas set. Both wreaths were heat embossed with coloured powders and embellished just a teeny tiny bit...which was sooooo hard!! Like many of you, I expect, CAS is a style that I struggle with but, on this occasion, I was delighted with the outcome!!

Well that is me for today. I hope whatever the week has in store for you it will allow some crafty time. I am on Mollie duty tomorrow so am looking forward to that.

See you later in the week, I hope xx

Some challenges

Twofer Card Challenge #11 - Wreath
Allsorts Challenge #494 - CAS Christmas
Less is More #384 - Metallics
Crimbo Crackers #171 - Anything Goes
Uniko #50 - Celebrate +/- Gold
The Cats Pajamas #352 - Winter Holidays

23 comments:

Claire said...

These are super and very CAS, the pink and turquoise look so happy together. The little sprig of holly and berries is a lovely finishing touch. Two great cards Sarah in a very different style x

Michelle said...

I love the simplicity of these Sarah. They are elegant and the 2nd one with the heat embossing is my fave - gorgeous cards - Michelle x

meg said...

Two beuties Sarah, love them both and the contrast in seasons

brenda said...

Catching up at last, four days with hardly any interent makes me realise just how much we rely on it. Such elegant CAS seasonal cards, thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week.

B x

cotnob said...

Two pretty cards Sarah, fabulous CAS designs.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Darnell said...

I would never know CAS was difficult for you looking at these two perfectly CASlicious cards, Sarah! It's a fun easy-flowing wreath that can be dressed up for any occasion, which makes it extremely versatile! It's beautiful on both your flowery birthday card and your sweet holly Christmas card!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #11! I'm glad you had time with your leave to finally join in and I hope we see you back often!! Hugs, Darnell

KandA said...

Two fabulou wreath cards Sarah. Especially LOVE the christmas one, very classy and CAS perfection xx

Annette said...

I've not done any embossing for ages. I love your pink one! The HB die is lovely too. xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Lovely clean and simple card designs Sarah.
Lorraine

Linby said...

Beautifully CAS - two fab cards.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.
Lynn x
DT

Trina P. said...

You nailed it... these are lovely CAS cards. The wreath embossed in gold with a simp,e holly is beautiful. We have a maximum five challenge link up including ours and it looks like you’ve exceeded that. Thank you for sharing with us at Less is More. x

Sue Nicholson said...

Super CAS card, like these a lot. x

Diane said...

Love the embossing and card designs Sarah.

Hugs Diane

Chrissy said...

So pretty Sarah..I'm into CAS at the moment just need to share..love the gold..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sybrina K said...

Sarah, What pretty CAS cards! So glad you played along with the Twofer Wreath Challenge. :)

Susanne Vargas said...

Your two CAS cards are fantastic! The wreath embossed in gold with just a bit of holly looks very festive! In pink decorated with flowers and sequins it makes a really fun birthday card!
Thank you so much for joining us at the Twofer!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful cards X two here Sarah, love them both x

Jane Savage said...

Simply elegant in every way, Sarah! CAS and I always have a fight when we try to get together! xxx

Macimbalo said...

So pretty and perfectly CAS - love the metallic look you used!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

I just had to pop over and say that I love your super CAS cards!The metallic gold one is divine. Thanks for letting us see that one at Less is More xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous cards both of them Sarah! Love the wee pink wreath with the wee flowers, that looks so pretty! Also love the birthday border sentiment. Very cool. The gold wreath is beautiful for Christmas and love the wee holly finish. Perfect! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Rahmat said...

CAS perfection, love it. Thanks for joining us at Uniko.

Nancy Thomas said...

Two perfectly CAS cards Sarah! Thank you for joining TCP Tuesday at The Cat's Pajamas.