Monday 12 November 2018

Winter layers with The Cutie Pies

It's all about layering up at


I have layered my cardstock and my sweet little bunny rabbit is wearing a lovely layer too!!


Cute huh?!!

My Hubby, being 55 years old, recently had an invitation for a Colonoscopy as part of the new NHS initiative to catch any bowel cancer in it's early stages...bear with, there is a point to this tale!! He is very good about things like this ( me working in the NHS also helps!!) so we duly toddled off to Dorset County Hospital for this procedure, which was normal. While he was there I took myself off to The Range and, my word, I had a ball and bought half a dozen christmas paper pads, one of which I used here!!

 I love the unusual black background and it goes perfectly with the little tree light embellishments that were in my stash. The circular sentiment is from a very old LOTV set which is sadly starting to perish, I managed to pull a couple apart when I was taking them off the backing :0(  I heat embossed the stamped sentiment with white powder for a bit more texture.

So, that is me for today. I hope you will join us with your cute image and it doesn't actually have to be a Christmas card, winter will be just as welcome, as long as it's as cute as can be of course!!

I hope you have a good week. See you soon xx

Some challenges

Crafty Catz #347 - Anything goes +/- Christmas
Crimbo Crackers #171 - Anything Christmas Goes
Moving along with the times #84 - Winter Animals
Animal Friends Challenge #68 - Winter

22 comments:

meg said...

The image is a cutie Sarah, love his plum pudding jumper and the colours you used for him, great card

Michelle said...

ha ha ha - I would have done the same as you if there was a Range to hand. Love your card Sarah especially how the light embellies match the paper. Michelle x

brenda said...

An adorable card Sarah nd such a pretty shape. Had no idea they were doing those procedures as normality now (said having been there and done that on two ocassions but didn't want the tee shirt!!).

B x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Gorgeous card Sarah and I love that backgroung. Superb embellishments too that work with it all perfectly x

Julie B said...

Glad all went well for the OH Sarah and who could resist new DP pads!
Love those fairy lights. :)

Pat K said...

Oh this is an adorable image Sarah. I love black on cards and this pretty pattern is perfect. Glad all went well with your hubby. hugs, Pat K xx

Darnell said...

Oh, my, she is so darling trying to get into her mum's sweater! You have showcased her beautifully, Sarah, with that had-to-have Christmas paper to match your awesome tree light bling! So glad to hear hubby did the deed and everything came out normal!! ❤Hugs, Darnell

Annette said...

My favourite shaped card and I love these Lee Holland images. Adorable bunny. By the way, LOTV are aware there was a problem with one batch of sentiments a long time ago (the wrong amount of materials in the mix when they were manufactured apparently). If that's the case with your set, if you let them know they may be able to replace them (I ready someone else who'd had the same problem and they'd replaced them). xx

cotnob said...

A super card Sarah, such a cute image and those papers are fabulous.
It sounds like you had more fun than your husband!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Great card Sarah, you did make me smile with your trip to The Range. Sue x

Wendy L said...

Super card, love bunnies cute sweater, thanks for joining us at MAWTT xxx

Jac’s Playground said...

Oh wow! This is just so adorable, love the image and little lights, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, x

Jules said...

Hi Sarah

A lovely card. Great backing paper and the little light embellishments match perfectly.

Pleased your hubby got on OK .. .. and that you had a good time in The Range!!

Love Jules xx

aussie aNNie said...

haha cute way to get new stock, how hubby's results were fine...always a precaution in our life.
loving this cute bunny and adorable card.xx

Megan J said...

Hi Sarah, what an invitation! Here in Aus people of certain ages are sent test packs and have to diy and post it off... A super card love the paper and co-ordinating tiny fairy light embellishments... and what a way to pass the time while you waited... have a wonderful week... Megan

Debra K. said...

Such a cute card! Just love the bunny in it's oversized jumper. Great paper to go with the adorable tiny fairy lights.
So glad everything went ok with your hubby. You'll be encouraging him to have them more often so you can get more goodies :D. Debra x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous card, love the cute image and fabulous papers too. You have lots of stash to create with now, and those cute tree light embellishments look adorable.
Lorraine

Jane Savage said...

Glad to hear hubby is ok, Sarah and I love your gorgeous card with that sweet bunny having sweater issues!! Thankfully we do not have The Range near me as I would be skint in a week!! However one of my brothers works very close to one...so I've given him a list!! xxx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh my goodness! Sooooo cute Sarah!! I utterly LOVE this hun! That sweet image with the floppy sweater is too dang cute! LOVE the Christmas lights paper and your fabby little Christmas lights embellies are a perfect touch! I also love the white embossed sentiment on the black paper. Beautifully finished design hun. Love it! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh I love this Sarah! What a fab shape and your fairy lights are perfect! The Range has some great bargains, I'm hoping to get a wee visit to ours in the next few weeks.

Chrissy said...

Oh, he is adorable in his over sized jumper Sarah..gorgeous card..love the new papers too..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Kuni said...

Your card is wonderful.
Thank you for joining us at the Animal Friends.
Hugs
Kuni