Monday 10 August 2020

Hip to be square

You babes that were around in the 80's will now be trying to bash that Huey Lewis and the News earworm that is repeating itself!! Sorry!!

 It's quiet here at the moment, I have been making a book of promises for Connor to give his Girlfriend for her Birthday. My word, I did not anticipate just how long it was going to take so cardmaking has taken a back seat at the moment. Anyway, I have a cutie to share with you today as it is the start of a new challenge at

 where our theme is...you've guessed it...Hip To Be Square!!

I have made a little 4" square card using a super cute MFT doggy set. She was coloured to match the lovely paper and fussy cut too. I have been on the look out for zig zag dies but then remembered that I have a dozen different edged scissors from my early crafting days so used those instead!! (I knew they would come in handy one day!!)

I hope life is treating you well. See you soon xx

17 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Cute stamp and love the combo of papers and colours... xx

Julie B said...

Cute indeed Sarah.
What a lovely idea to make for your boy's girlfriend, she's sure to treasure it.
Sigh of relief here as the hay from the house and drive fields is in the hay bay before the thunderstorms arrive, just the far
Stay safe :)

meg said...

She is adorable Sarah, love the bright cheery red in her jumper and the background

cotnob said...

A super card Sarah, such a sweet image and great colouring.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Lisa xx said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sarah....such a sweet image (love her outfit ...its very "me") and what a fab sentiment

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image.xxx

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Beautiful card Sarah.
Sue x

Claire said...

Decorative edge scissors, oh how I remember those. I think I still have some deckled edge ones. I love your card and how sweet to send to someone with a new puppy. Red was the perfect colour choice x

Chrissy said...

So very cute Sarah and I love the gingham and that sweet image, gorgeous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Diane said...

Cute stamp and adorable papers and little girl.

Hugs Diane

brenda said...

A fun image and such bright and warm colours Sarah.

Good luck with the project, I know another lady who made something similar for one of her sons and afterwards said she was amazed just how labour intensive it was.

B x

Jules said...

Hi Sarah

A great card. Such a fun image and great fussy cutting too!

Sounds like Connor is making an awful lot of promises! LOL!!!

Hope all is good with you.

Love Jules xx

Pop's Cards said...

I have those scissors just in case :0)

I love this the colours are perfect for her, hugs Pops x

Lena said...

Another awesome colour combo. Red, black can white! Love all the layers you used to showcase this cutie and her furball. Fun and adorable!
Hugs,
Lena

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely sweet card thanks for sharing

Annette said...

Wow, I love the pop of red on this, and the image is paw-fect!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Well, you had me at red gingham! LOL, I have such a thing for it!! LOVE this adorable creation, truly fabulous. Hugs, Wends xoxo