Saturday 12 August 2023

All Creatures Great and Small

 It's easy for me to share inspiration with you this week for our next two week challenge at Allsorts. 


The theme is All Creatures Great and Small and an absolute favourite of mine.


As you can see, I've gone off piste and got a little bit inky!! When I can't sleep, which is often, I have been watching the fabulous Lavinia tutorials on You Tube and, as a result, I might just have bought some stamps. I inked the background with peeled paint and bundled sage Distress inks. Then I got really brave and splattered water which you can just about see. It was too subtle so I stamped the additional splodges aroundthe outside, and the frame, using one of two stamp sets that were new to me bargains (Altenew, Live Life in Colour and Watercolour Frames). The gorgeous fox is from Lavinia Stamps Fox Set 2. The sentiment is from an old Hobby Art Stamp set that has been upgraded to this one

I do hope that you will take inspiration from my card and join us. As usual there are some fabulous goodies to win.


Prizes, A4 stamp set from AALL and Create and £15 voucher from WOWVOW

Thank you for your time and I hope that you have a lovely weekend.

 See you on the other side with something cute!! xx


16 comments:

Linby said...

This worked out so well. You look like you had fun with the inkyness too. Welcome to Lavinia! you will be hooked now.

meg said...

Love everything about this card Sarah,your choice of colours,sentiment and stamps is brilliant

Julie B said...

Love that you've embraced the inky side of life Sarah for this fab background! I visited the Lavinia shop last year when our Subaru was recalled and a trip to the garage was required. I restrained myself when I went in, I came away with a solitary stencil but lots of EP and foil!! It's MOT is due soon so maybe I will accompany the OH again! :)

Lisa said...

CAS Perfection on this wonderful card. Love the sentiment.

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Sarah. I love the simplicity of the design. xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is gorgeous Sarah, lovely inked background and a sweet silhouette image and very apt sentiment. I'm liking this 'new' style from you :)
Lorraine

Ellibelle said...

A wonderful card Sarah, the inky background looks fabulous. Watching Lavinia videos while you can't sleep is a great way to pass the time!

Dena J said...

What a very beautiful sentiment. It looks like it was just made to fit with that beautiful fox, and a marvelous background, too.

Inkyfingers said...

This is a gorgeous card, Sarah and the background is just lovely. I love how you framed the fox and the sentiment is sooo true! We have a fox that visits and can often be found following the sun around the garden and snoozing the day away. I hope you enjoyed getting inky!
Be well,
Hugs
Carol x

Mervi said...

Fabulous and sweet card;-))m

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Sarah, lovely soft and subtle background and fabulous splatters and love the cute stamp and sentiment..

luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

Fab card Sarah love the colour too...it's amazing what you can do when you can't sleep LOL I'm the same hugs x

brenda said...

Love your inkiness Sarah along with the design and of course Reynard, despite how they hound the hens do love to see them.

B x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh that is SO beautiful! LOVE your inky background and what a perfect theme for you too! Brilliant card hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Brenda said...

Oh, Sarah, I LOVE this one! Love your distress work, the watermarks look fab and that sentiment is just perfect.

Lynne in NI said...

Woweee I absolutely LOVE this Sarah, your inky background is fabulous!