Saturday 16 March 2024

Fur and/or Feathers at Allsorts

Ellie is in the driving seat at Allsorts this week and she's chosen a fab theme

Fur and/or Feathers, you can of course go for the Anything Goes option.

It was no contest for me and I went with fur.

My little Sister (by three years) has three  tri-colour Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, Dash, Milo and Alfie and I try and feature one on her Birthday card every year. I saved this particular image from a slimline calendar that featured doggos. It was a bit too big so I reaized it on my printer.


As luck would have it I found papers to pretty much match the  linen in the laundry basket so was really happy about that. The sentiment is from a Technique Tuesday clear Stamp Set that I bought from Kitty at My Mum's Craft Shop when she had a bricks and mortar shop in Dorchester. Gosh that must be going back quite a few years now. I seem to recall she had a regular challenge blog back in the day with the likes of Joanna Sheen et al. 

Prizes from Craftstash and AALL and Create



If you are still with me, after my trip down memory lane, I hope you have a lovely weekend xx


 

16 comments:

brenda said...

Gosh yes, that is a few years back, I used to be one of her DT's. But these things never date as they come back in different guises. Lovely image, sounds perfect for your Sister.

B x

meg said...

A beautiful card the image of the sleepy pup is gorgeous

Julie B said...

Aww, cute pup Sarah, it is lovely to have a tradition like that, I have a friend whose card always has to feature a rhino as she is a big rugby league fan, not quite as cuddly as that cavalier though!! Hope Martin gets to roller soon, Al is still fencing but the gate post holes just fill up with water. :( The fields are now dotted with small white woolly jumpers, hopefully spring weather is not too far away. :)

Lisa said...

This is a really wonderful dog image and the striped paper works so well with the image too.

Ellibelle said...

Oh Sarah, this is so sweet and perfect. And how wonderful that you found the most fitting paper to go with the linen inside the dog's basket. I just love it. The lacy frame looks so wonderful too for this cute feminine card. Your sister will love it!

coldwaters2 said...

This is absolutely delightful Sarah I love, love that cute image the papers and colours work perfectly together
hugs
lolo x

Inkyfingers said...

Aaaaw - this is adorable, Sarah, and you have matched the colours and patterns so beautifully in the background. Your sister is going to love this!
Hope you are well,
Hugs
Carol x

Sue said...

Such a sweet card Sarah hugs x

Linby said...

Your attention to detail really makes for a special card. It's a lovely image and design.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely fresh and clean card design, Loving the delicate colours and cute image.
Lorraine

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Sarah, love the cute image and your papers are so pretty.
Lorraine x

Pat said...

Beautiful card Sarah I love your image and great design and I am sure your sister will be thrilled with it.

Pat xx

Mervi said...

Beautiful and sweet card;-))m

Carol L said...

This is such a sweet image of that beautiful dog and I love how you matched the papers perfectly to the laundry the dog is snoozing on! Your sister will love this card I'm sure!

Brenda said...

What a wonderful, thoughtful card. That pup is just too cute and the papers are perfect!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Aww, your sis is sure to love this hun, what an adorable image and gorgeous paper match! Beautiful card. Hugs, Wends xoxo