Monday 26 May 2014

Emboss it!!

Hello peeps  I am here with my DT card for


a new one starts today and we would like you to "emboss it". A chance to get out your long forgotten embossing folders or embossing powders or embossing boards even dies, the possibilities are endless!!
Just remember that your image MUST be CUTE!!

Here's what I did using a lovely image from our sponsor



I coloured Harriet with SN blendable pencils to match the MME papers and then created a bit of interest by dry embossing the edge of the hexagon frame (chosen to co-ordinate with the papers and embossing folder).



The chicken wire embossing board was a freebie.  I inked the concave side of the folder with embossing powder before running it through the Grand Caliber, then heated clear embossing powder over the whole piece. The raised areas picked up the Teal Zeal Momento ink (applied with cut 'n' dry foam) and the shiny embossed areas resisted it.





The finishing touch was by way of a sentiment stamped onto a tag.

I am joining in here

Crafty Catz #232 - Embossing
Stampin for the Weekend - For the girls
The Squirrel and The Fox #70 - Let's hear it for the girls
Crafty Your Passion #215 - Frame it

Have a lovely Bank Holiday Monday
 (those of you lucky enough not to be working) and see you soon xx

15 comments:

Janice said...

This is lovely Sarah - a great card and a lovely inky emboss - must try that some time, Jx

Laine said...

Such a sweet image and fabulous design detail Sarah.
Laine
xx

Jane Savage said...

So pretty, Sarah! Great technique with the embossing folder! xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Sarah, I love the sweet image and fabulous embossing.
Sue xx

Annette said...

I don't know why, but I really do love embossing on cards, and really should do it more often. Love your sweet card hun. Have a lovely day today. It's not too bad here today, looks like it might even stay dry. Although that means I need to do some tidying in the garden. The rain gives me an excuse to stick my nose glitter deep in my craft desk! :0)
Hugs
Annette
xx

Michelle said...

That is so gorgeous Sarah. I love what you have done with your honeycomb embossed panel. It looks lovely - Michelle x

Mojca said...

ohhhh so very gorgeous Sarah, great background! hugs! Mojca

Carole said...

Gorgeous card Sarah, love the soft colour tones.
Hugs
Carole xXx

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Lovely card Sarah.
Sue x

Hazel said...

This is gorgeous Sarah, love that background and image. Hazel xxx

Lisa xx said...

Such a sweet card Sarah xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card Sarah thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
Hugs Dianne xx (DT)

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

This is beautiful, such a pretty image and I love the hexagon frame!
Rebecca.

Naomi Johnson said...

Great card. Love the layout. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

Unknown said...

Very cute card. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges -Randi