Sunday 18 May 2014

I've cracked it!!


Morning my blogging buddies, me again!!

I have a jolly creation to share today. It's been a while since I used a Stampfairy image so thought I would rectify that by using Molly Balloons who has been sat on my desktop waiting for some time now!!



She was coloured with Spectrum Noir pencils, I couldn't resist finding out what all the fuss was about so bought myself the essentials set. I like them and shall continue to acquaint myself with an entirely different colouring medium. Papers, incidentally, are Pebbles - Sunny side.

Since Christmas I have been trying to teach myself to crochet, I have mastered phone covers, boxes and blankets but for the life of me couldn't "get" flowers. I think I have unpicked a shipload over the course of a week. Anyhow I finally happened upon  Happy Berry Crochet and spent a while following a stitch by stitch video tutorial on You Tube and I have finally cracked it...see...top left corner!! So if you are struggling with crochet or want to teach yourself go have a peep at her website...it's brill!!

Waffling over I was inspired by these challenges

Sketch 'n' Stash #139 - sketch 35
Cute Card Thursday #321 - Handmade embellishments (Crochet flower Yay!!)
ABC - L for Lots of Layers
Crafty Ribbons #89 - Anything Goes + ribbon
Creative Inspirations #265 - Anything Goes

Enjoy your Sunday xx

17 comments:

Laine said...

Sweet image Sarah and so glad you are giving the Spectrum Noir pencils a try. I find it so hard to create without them. They bring such vibrancy to an image. Love the crochet flower detail. Enjoy your day.
Laine
xx

Michelle said...

This is beautiful Sarah. The crochet flower is gorgeous and I think its brilliant you stuck at it until you made this little beauty. Love the distressed edges on your paper. Michelle x

vic said...

Hi sarah wow this is just gorgeous I love the fairy image! Beautiful colours too a very pretty card :)
Vic xx

Whisper said...

Aaah such gorgeous colours and a super image too - you are so good to persevere with the crochet, to make a flower, well done, i wouldn't know where to start, luv Sam x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,fab image and details.xxx

Unknown said...

Hey Sarah, this is a gorgeous card, love the colouring with the pencils to match your papers and the little crochet flower is just perfect. I may take a look at the linky for the flowers myself! Fern x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Sarah. I love the sweet image, fabulous colouring and pretty papers.
Your crochet flower looks brilliant. I used to do lots of crochet but don't seem to get enough time now which is a shame as I do enjoy it.
Sue xx

Carole said...

Sarah this is a fab creation, you have definitely cracked the crochet, it's super.
I was wondering if I should try the pencils but so far have resisted.
How nice to go riding in nice weather for a change!
Hugs
Carole xXx

Sue said...

Hello again Sarah. Just popping back to say thank you for taking part in the Sketch 'n' Stash Challenge
Sue xx

Janice said...

Great colouring but it's the crochet flower that I'm more impressed with. I too can't crochet but wanted to learn how to do flowers. Asked all the old dears at the bowling club if anyone could teach me, but no offers. Will defo check not that link and fingers crossed...Jx

Merkku said...

Aww, what a cute girl you have in your card.
Lovely creation.
Thank you for sharing with us at Sketch N Stash- challenge.
Hugs Merkku

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Lovely bright colours, thanks for playing at crafty ribbons

Annette said...

You've definitely cracked the flower. It's lovely. The petals are really clear.
Love Molly too.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Peanut said...

WOW! That flowers is awesome. I can crochet... but making an embellishment for cards is NOT something that ever crossed my mind! Well done, Sarah! this is such a fun happy card. LOVE it.
hugs,Asha

rachel said...

such a cute card - love the crocheted flower! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week and good luck xx

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

I love this, such a fantastic layout! I love how you've cut out the image and the papers are fab.
Rebecca.

Julie Gleeson said...

A great layered card! I love the image and design! Thank you for sharing at ABC Challenge! Hugs Julie DT x