Friday 2 May 2014

Friends & Flowers


Hello my crafty friends. Hope you are looking forward to another long weekend. Fingers crossed that the weather is kind to us and that we won't be needing an umbrella like the ladies on my card...actually it could be a parasol I suppose!!


I used a lovely Bugaboo image from another recent win (gosh...I'm on a roll!!) and coloured them with Promarkers to compliment the paper. I originally cut the aperture with the intention of using the reverse side but actually decided that the spots looked less fussy so went with them instead. It's raised off the image with foam pads but doesn't show that well.  The punched flowers and inner frame were made from a scrap of pearlescent paper from my bits box. Quite CAS but it actually took a fair bit of faffing!!

I'm taking part in these challenges

My time To Craft #245 - April Showers
Divas By Design - April Showers
CRAFT #257 - Make your own embellishment (punched flowers)
ABC Challenge - K "Keep It Simple"
Papercrafting Journey - Spots and/or stripes

Cheerio for now, have a good one whatever you are doing!! xx

22 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful card Sarah. I love the sentiment. Congratulations on your win. I'm hoping for nice weather for bank holiday too. Michelle x

Laine said...

Love this image Sarah and your lovely pastel tones. Congratulations on your win.
Laine
xx

Di said...

Great card Sarah - gosh I do love your beautifully coloured image and the perfect sentiment too!

Hugs, Di xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Sarah, I love the image and fabulous layout.
Sue xx

MaryH said...

Congratulations on being on a win roll. Such fun. Love the dotty paper and the oval opening showed off the cute design perfectly. Love the friends & their parasol, with the pretty pink spring flowers. TFS, Hugs & Happy wkend.

Wishcraft said...

Love the aperture design and fab image, gorgeous colours too... Lovely card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Hazel said...

Sarah what a get image and layout. Hazel xx

Liz McGuire, said...

It's perfect, I love dotty paper!

Liz x

Jean said...

A lovely card, I like the friends image and the lovely sentiment. Pretty colour scheme as well.
Jean x

Karon said...

Beautiful card - I love the image! TFS

Mojca said...

oh it's so gorgeous Sarah and the sentiment is soooooo perfect! Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. hugs! Mojca

Marilyn said...

Love this card Sarah! Cute image and I like how you've added the flowers to match those on the umbrella.

Janice said...

A great Bugaboo and a gorgeous card Sarah, and an image I don't have! Jx

carol said...

ooh gorgeous pretty creation,
thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us at CRAFT.
x Carol

Patty Sue 2 said...

This is so cute, love the image! Thank you for joining us at ABC challenge. Good luck and be sure and join our next challenge. I love seeing your work!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and colours...Thanks for playing along with us at Divas by Design this week.
Wendy xx

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

This is so fabulous! I love the image, flowers and gorgeous paper. I know what you mean about faffing with CAS designs - they seem to take me longer!
Rebecca.

Peanut said...

LOVE that image.... how true! Simple and elegant with just the 3 flower embellies. Well done.
hugs, xxx Asha

Unknown said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Divas this week x

Julie Gleeson said...

Wow I love your gorgeous design! Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at ABC Challenge! Hugs Julie DT xox

Elizabeth Hart said...

This is such a darling image and I love the pastel colors you used - perfect! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Paper Crafting Journey, Elizabeth (DT)

Unknown said...

What a great project. Love the colors. The image and sentiment are perfect! Thanks for playing at Paper Crafting Journey. We hope to see you next challenge. Good luck.