Thursday 8 May 2014

Feather or fur...you decide!!

Hello and welcome to Thursday. I am here to share my DT card for

As You Like It Challenge

and the theme is Favourite Feather or Fur?

I make no apologies for choosing fur, there's nothing softer than a rabbit or a cat and our old springer spaniel had the softest ears in the world!! Now don't get me wrong I love to have birds in my garden and I did actually adopt his budgie when our eldest Son moved into his house, but it's the flapping that scares the life out of me. It's my dear Grandma's fault, she used to let her budgie fly around her sitting room (it even had it's own perch attached to the mirror over the fire place!!) and it used to terrify me!! We actually had a dozen hens at one point that lived in our old calf barn. Although they had a perfectly nice coop they preferred to roost up high so I would open the door in the morning and wait until they had all come outside before going in to collect the eggs!! Anyway I am waffling today...here is my card.


The sweet image and sentiment is "Free Hugs" coloured with Pro/Flexmarkers. Papers are Curiosity Corner and the flower and pearls came from my stash.

I am taking my furry friends off to play here

Chocolate, coffee and cards challenges #64 - Circles & squares
Feeling Crafty #28 - One for the girls/ladies
Ladybug Crafts May challenge - Favourite embellishments (flowers & pearls)
Crafting from the heart #17 - Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday #320 - Paw Pals


Thanks for your company and comments, always appreciated xx


21 comments:

Janice said...

Oh Sarah, I'm with you, fur every time! Love my cats, never had birds and have no intention of either! Love your sweet card, that's a lovely image by a company I've not heard of - off to check them out next! Enjoy your day, Jx

Squirrel x said...

Fur fur fur for me! Love your card hun, this is a cutie indeed. Hugs xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Now we have feathers and fur - 28 chickens and a cat lol! Must say, the cat's fur is soooo soft I could snuggle him all day :-) maddy x

Sue Nicholson said...

Oh its lovely, fur every time for me. have a great weekend cheers Sue N x

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely sweet card, thanks for joining us at CC&CC cheers Sue N x

Michelle said...

So gorgeous Sarah - the papers give your card a vintage feel, they are lovely. Yes fur for me too lol - Michelle x

Sue said...

I am totally with you regarding fur.
Your card is gorgeous, adorable image and I love the papers.
Sue xx

Sue said...

Oh this is cute Sarah and I maybe a bit biased but I love stroking spaniels ears LOL huggles Sue xx

Laine said...

Such a cute image and detail Sarah. Love the muted colour palette, lovely. Like to look at birds from a distance but had similar experience when young, so don't like the flapping.
Laine
xx

Chrissy said...

Such a cutie Sarah....fabulous colouring and love the papers and design..Fur for me too..and love the sentiment..

luv CHRISSYxx

Annette said...

Adorable image and yup, it's kitties and pooches for me too! LOL
Love those pretty papers and her hair is coloured to perfection.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Whisper said...

Aaah what an absolutely sweet image and a great layout, great DP's too.

For me it's fur too - especially when my baby girl (Whisper) is lying next to me on the sofa, while i leave this comment - l love seeing the birds in my garden, but i too get freaked out, when they decide to fly into the house !!, Luv Sam x

nnalorac said...

Gorgeous card Sarah, yummy papers and cute image. Yep, hate the flapping thing indoors with birds, have had crows come down the chimney, stupid buggers! Put them out,well not me personally, I'm usually hiding in the kitchen lol, have been known to do the same thing again, grrrrrr! Finally hubby put wire over chimney. About time. Carolxx

Jane Savage said...

Fur or feathers…hmmm…bit of a no brainer really! With 3 dogs (my Lab has the softest ears in the world I think you’ll find :P) it’s fur all the way…and all over the carpets…and all over the furniture….
Anyway love your gorgeous card, Sarah! Fab papers layered so beautifully to showcase that adorable image! Love that ‘never a truer word spoken’ sentiment too!
Have a great weekend! xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Sarah brilliant card love the image and design, mmm fur for me every time too not that I have anything against birds but you can cuddle a dog and cat or rabbit but not a bird so yes Fur for me. Love the sentiment. Love Alison xxx

Zw@@n said...

Gorgeous card, Sarah. The image is so cute and I like your colouring and papers.
Luv, Wilma

Peanut said...

I'd choose fur too. That image is just ADORABLE, Sarah. Have a restful Sunday.
hugs, Asha

PaperDaisies said...

Love the sentiment. You have showcased the image beautifully. Thank you for joining us over at Ladybug Crafts. Hugs Nina

Unknown said...

What a lovely project.Great colors. Thanks for playing at Crafting from the heart. We hope to see you next time. Good luck.

Pink Blossom Creations said...

Cute card and lovely colours x

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

This is such a lovely card, the papers are stunning and your layout shows them off so well. A really cute image too and I love the flower and pearl embellishments.
Rebecca.