Monday 8 November 2021

A Loaded Pocket

 Hello everyone. I am super excited to share my make with you today which is is my DT piece for


It's an Anything Goes Challenge this time with the option of Anything But a Card. 

I have been doing a bit of junk journal making and have been intrigued by
 "Loaded Pockets" so I did this...


I used the cute pre-coloured Holly Hedgehog from our sponsor, Polkadoodles, and a tutorial from Septeria 18 here  (honestly I can lose hours watching her making fabulous paper creations). The pocket itself uses only one piece of 6x6 paper (of which I have loads and settled on a very old My Minds Eye pad) then using papers from the same collection made a little note book, adorned with a tassel, a windmill and some tags. I fancied up some tiny pegs, and in doing so managed to pop the springs off of both so that caused a bit of swearing I can tell you!! There is also a heavy acetate tag around which I wrapped several lengths of co-ordinating washi tape. Oh and I finished the edge with some red pom pom trim that I found. LOVED making this and hope you will be inspired enough to take part over at 
The Cutie Pies challenge blog.

That's all for now, I hope that you are all keeping well.

Toodle pip for now xx



18 comments:

Claire said...

Oh my, it's totally gorgeous and I love love all the little additions. It's a beautiful work of art Sarah and its obvious you really enjoyed making it from your enthusiasm written in your post x

meg said...

A brilliant make Sarah,enlarged your pic to see all the wonderful tags and details,your pocket holds a fantastic mix of items,it must have taken ages to complete

Julie B said...

I always admire makes like this Sarah, but what do you do with them afterwards? Love all those autumnal shades of DP, it really is a great way to use up those papers from our stashes. Bit nippy this morning but no frost. The sheep have been taking a bit more hay so they obviously felt the drop in temps last night. Warming up this week though, crazy! :)

brenda said...

What a fun idea with all the tags Sarah.

So.......the weekend was spent 'pony shopping', very few available it seems and ended up going to the outskirts of London. But a worthwhile viewing and Penelope a Section A will be joining us this week. She looks like a dapple with a dorsal stripe but her passport has her down as a dun. That works well for me as I had a dun to teach my children to ride.

B x

Pat said...

Fabulous project Sarah, love all your different elements and great papers.

Pat xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Fantastic pocket love it and that image is so sweet. Love Alison x

Liz said...

A lovely creation, Sarah. I love all the detail you’ve included. xx

Carol S. said...

Wow!! What a brilliant project. Love all the different papers and colours. Big hugs, Carol S.xxxx

Crafty Moone Cards said...

This is so gorgeous Sarah x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is so lovely Sarah and cute too. I love all the pretty embellishments you have used on each element. It is so nice to just create something for ourselves sometimes.
Lorraine

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable card, lovely image, colours and design. xxx

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Sarah, lovely papers and lots of super details.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jane Savage said...

This is an awesome project, Sarah! So much to admire! Love the little pegs! xx

Lynne in NI said...

What a cool project Sarah, this would make a brilliant wee gift for someone too!

Lisa xx said...

Back home in Kent now, after a wonderful time on the Dorset coast.

This is so beautiful Sarah, one if those "makes" that you notuce something else about it, every time you look at it....gorgeous x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Aww, this is truly gorgeous Sarah! Love all the little elements! I'm off to have a looksy at your links now, well intrigued! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Brenda said...

Sounds as if you have joined me and my addiction=}. This is darling, I love all the patterns and darling tags. I'm heading over to her channel now...

Chrissy said...

What a great project with all those patterned papers and colours and that adorable sweet hedgehog..fabulous Sarah..

Luv CHRISSYxx