Thursday 18 November 2021

Stencils or Dies?

 Hello friends. How are you all? Well I hope. A sore throat here at the moment but my regular testing for work shows negative for Covid so that's okay with me!!

This time we are asking you to share your favourite between stencils and dies at

As You Like It Challenge

It's dies, all the way, for me and while rifling through my stash was surprised how many I have accumulated over the years. I remember the excitement of managing to get hold of my first MFT Fish tail banner die set and using them with my little pink limited edition cuttlebug!! 

So this is what I did, using a favourite set and a freebie...



probably my favourite die set for Christmas as it makes such a beautiful shaped card too and the snowflake detail is glorious. A magazine freebie fit perfectly in the centre. I used two shades of blue card for this, one pearl and one mirri. The sky looked a little flat so I added some stardust stickles.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with and I am fairly confident it could be neck and neck this time as as stencils and inks seem to be more popular currently.

See you soon xx 

15 comments:

meg said...

A stunning diecut card in gorgeous colours Sarah

aussie aNNie said...

wow Sarah, love the blue here, fabulous snowflake card. xx

Julie B said...

A very striking design Sarah, love the snowflake die too.
Sorry to hear you are under the weather, my daughter had tonsillitis over half term, :(. It was pants as she had so much planned for the week!! Keep safe. :)

Lynne said...

A fabulous die for christmas cards Sarah, a lovely card x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful dies Sarah, I love dies too and couldn't make up my mind as I've been trying stenciling again..love the blue and fabulous scene inside the snowflake..

Luv CHRISSUYxx

Carol S. said...

Love the snowflake die Sarah and the strong colour is gorgeous. The snow scene is stunning. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

cotnob said...

A super Christmas card Sarah, a beautiful die.
I hope your throat soon feels better.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a beautiful card using a fabulous die Sarah, I love the little village scene too.
Lorraine

Elaine Stark said...

A super card and dies. Elaine

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Sarah love this die it’s fantastic. Love Alison x

Pat said...

Fabulous die Sarah makes a beautiful card, lovely colours.

Pat xx

Jane Savage said...

Wow this is a knockout, Sarah, but I think it's very cruel to ask to decide between stencils and dies! 😏😊

brenda said...

Just saw your name on another blog and figured I'd probably missed a post or two, like lots of us my reading list is not allowing me to scroll back. Pretty card - stencils for me probably.

B x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

I'm forever grateful to you for introducing me to this beautiful die! I had to hunt the world for it, but finally got my hands on it and have so enjoyed using this beautiful snowflake die ever since. I LOVE how the magazine die fits so well with this, now I'll have to hunt THAT down! LOL. You do inspire me!! Stunning creation hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Brenda said...

What a beautiful die! Love your creative use, absolutely beautiful, Sarah. I do hope you are feeling much better by now.