Thursday 14 December 2023

Anything Goes at AYLI


 It's a free for all at the AYLI party this time and I have made a paper decoration using a lovely tutorial from Created the Ottaway, where you can find lots of inspiration.



I confess, the construction had me scratching my head for a while, but after a roast chicken lunch and a glass of white I had another go and, I think, the wine just helped a little!!

One thing I would say, if you are tempted to have a go, is that it works better with fairly thin paper. My first attempt was using double sided scrapbook paper and folding it was tricky. I used single sided papers from an inexpensive paper pack which actually worked much better.

Thank you for dropping in today and I hope you have been inspired to come to our Anything Goes party.

See you on Saturday xx



12 comments:

Liz said...

Love this Sarah, the papers are beautiful. xx

Julie B said...

A great way to use up that stack of DPs Sarah, may have to have a further look! :)

meg said...

A beautiful paper wreath for the tree Sarah

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous decoration Sarah, love the papers and colours, I'm still trying to fold die cut lanterns...................and trying.

luv CHRISSYxx

Elaine Stark said...

Beautiful, a great way to use up small pieces of paper. Elaine

Sue said...

What a fab way to use up scraps of paper Sarah and it's always best to work on a full tummy and some wine Lol hugs xx

brenda said...

Something a little different Sarah and rather lovely.

We have a viewing today, a 15.2 grey gelding!

B x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

It looks fabulous Sarah! So nice to find a minute to visit tonight, way too long since I have, sorry about that hun! Love your white branches Christmas display, it's wonderful and the paper wreath is fabulous, noted about the lighter weight paper too, thanks for the tip! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Lynne said...

A lovely decoration Sarah and your two papers go together so well x

Lorraine said...

A lovely decoration Sarah, nice to have a go at other things.
Lorraine x

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh this ornament is great! My MIL would love this. She loves making fun items with my papers. I will have to have her check this out.

Brenda said...

This is just really cute, especially on that darling little tree! LOVE IT!