Saturday 24 August 2024

Delightful Animals

Happy weekend crafty friends. Thank you for stopping by today. We've a new challenge at Allsorts and Lolo has chosen DELIGHTFUL ANIMALS as her optional theme (Anything Goes is also welcome).

I don't need to tell my long suffering followers that I am an animal lover, especially if they bark or neigh. Dogs have featured lots of late so I have a chestnut horse to share today. 


 I made this card using a Hetty Clare image (pony flowers) coloured with Promarkers to match Symba (whose owner Jane was the recipient of this card for her 60th). The papers are from a First Edition pad that was suitably chestnut coloured!! I used a Technique Tuesday stamp and added a little tag to suggest a shape of a rosette.

Here he is is in real life!!



Prizes (2) from AALL and Create



I hope you have something nice planned for the weekend. It's a Bank Holiday here in the UK which means I get an extra day off and the weather actually looks quite promising.

See you on Monday with a bit of festive cuteness xx

14 comments:

brenda said...

It had to be a Horse Sarah and perfect for our theme.

B x

Julie B said...

A great make Sarah, bet your friend loved the personalised image. :)

meg said...

A fabulous fun beautifully coloured image and card Sarah

Ellibelle said...

A really fun card Sarah, and you colored the horse so wonderfully to match the recipient's horse so well! I am sure Jane was thrilled with the card!

Liz said...

Fabulous card Sarah, what a cute image!
Liz xx

Sarn said...

I absolutely LOVE these Thelwell images and had wondered where you got them from! I see the Etsy seller has 50% off at the moment - only a shame I don't use digi images!

Great card and love the suggestion of a rosette. xxx

Gail L said...

Love your pony flowers!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh how I love this creation Sarah I love the Hetty Clare horse images as you probably know I use them quite often, I love the chestnut colour both on the image and the beauty in real life, you have aced the theme I LOVE it
hugs
lolo x

Linby said...

oh you've matched Symba perfectly, I bet she loved this pretty personalised card.

Chrissy said...

Such a fun and fabulous image and fabulous colouring too, love it..

luv CHRISSYxx

Jane Savage said...

Loving the joyous orange and that brill image! xx

Lisa said...

Love the image and you did great coloring it from your photo inspiration.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh so gorgeous Sarah! Perfect colouring to match Symba. I bet Jane absolutely loved it! Gorgeous papers, perfect colour match. Such a lovely card hun xoxo

Brenda said...

You have done a splendid job coloring Symba! I'm sure this card is being cherished.