Saturday 10 August 2024

Summer Days

 Hello one and all. I am the host at Allsorts this time and I chose

Summer Days as the optional theme.


I've gone back to my childhood with my card today. Summer fetes in the village with stalls, tug of war and an ice cream van selling the soft whippy ice cream with a flake!! 


It's been a long time since I used a crafting CD so I had a lot of fun looking through Crafters Companion Halcyon Days that was full of inspiration. I did this prit cut and stick frame card. The bunting was made using a Magnolia die and the With Love is a leftover from the "real" Halcyon Days papercrafting kit. 

I hope that I have inspired you to revisit your childhood summer days or more recent trips to the beach or other favourite summer places.

See you soon xx

13 comments:

Julie B said...

A fun summery creation Sarah. My DiL's Granddad used to have a fleet of Mr Whippys and one turned up at the wedding, free ice creams all round!! :)

Jane Savage said...

So pretty, I love the banners. My childhood summers mainly involved roller skates, bicycles and soggy trips to the Isle of Wight.

meg said...

Your card evokes lots of happy memories of summer fairs, a beautiful make

coldwaters2 said...

Fantastic creation Sarah I love the sentiments behind your theme it also reminds me of the good old days and happier times you have chosen a great theme
hugs
lolo x

Liz said...

Gorgeous card Sarah, a lovely summer scene.
Liz xx

brenda said...

You've totally captured the village fete of days gone by Sarah. Great theme and wonderful words on Lorraine's post, one's I'll take on board.

B x

Linby said...

I've got that cd and you've chosen a lovely image from it and framed it beautifully.

Sarn said...

What a gorgeous shadow box you've created here. Simply fabulous and perfect for your Allsorts theme xxx

Ellibelle said...

Such a fun creation Sarah, I love it!

Gail L said...

Great theme!
Cute card!

Chrissy said...

Fabulous summer time card Sarah, I love your banner and the ice cream van we still happy Mr Whippy drive down our streets on a hot summers day..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa said...

Love the image, love the banner, love the framing. Really gorgeous!

Brenda said...

Darling card! I love the mix of papers and that gorgeous image, yes, this brings back memories for sure.