Saturday 10 June 2023

Folk Floral Birthday

Happy weekend folks and thank you for sharing yours with me. I am much enjoying preparing my Saturday posts to share my cards for


Our optional theme this week chosen by Dena is Birthday, of course it's also Anything Goes.

 You have probably noticed by now that if I am lacking mojo, I draw on the inspiration vault of Sam Calcott. This card is another one based on one of her brilliant tutorials here.

On a mission to actually use, at least some of my paper mountain,  I chose a Docrafts paper pack called Folk Floral, so pretty and unusual colours and teamed with teal looked lovely. The diamonds are attached to acetate so they really do look like they are floating. Another fab design from Sam.

Our sponsors this month are  SizzixAALL and CreateAldridge CraftsLavinia and Ruth Hamilton Design.

We have had celebrations chez Wills this week. Hubby had a significant Birthday (shhhh 60) so I swapped my working week around so we could celebrate. We had a delicious lunch out on the day and have more eating to do this weekend. Thankfully I have some summer dresses that will accomodate a food baby quite comfortably!! I hope you all have a lovely weekend whatever you are up to.

See you on Monday with something cute. Until then take care xx


16 comments:

Julie B said...

Well done with your mission to use your paper mountain with this fab card. A very unusual design that suits the DP choice perfectly. Happy birthday to M, 60 is the new 40! :)

Jenny L said...

Hi Sarah,
this is such a lovely shape card and the colours and papers used are so vibrant and beatiful.
I too love Sam's tutorials and have used quite a few of them lately.
My card I posted yesterday is one of hers and I am addicted to making them now.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Lisa said...

WOWZA I love the wonderful layers, papers and layout on this card. Really eye catching.

meg said...

A wonderful layout and beautiful papers Sarah,love this one

Ellibelle said...

What a great way to showcase the pretty papers, Sarah. It's an amazing creation!

HilaryJane said...

What great use of those papers. Your card is so pretty and impressive. Great use of those squares and I love that they make a diamond in the middle. enjoy your celebrations. the years go by so quickly xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a fabulous design and the papers you have chosen are so bright and cheery.
Lorraine

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Sarah and Happy Birthday to your hubby! hugs Sue x

Chrissy said...

WOW what an awesome design Sarah and I love the papers and colors, fantastic card..
Happy Birthday to Hubby and have a wonderful weekend in you foody dress..

Luv CHRISSYxx

brenda said...

Such a sunny card Sarah. Have a lovely celebratory weekend.

B x

Linby said...

I love the folk art feel to these papers and it's a great design to showcase them.

Mervi said...

Gorgeous design with lovely papers;-))m

aussie aNNie said...

Gogeous colours and wonderful crafting.

Jane Savage said...

Wowsers this is awesome, I wouldn't even know where to start with a design like this. For me I expect there would be some crying involved somewhere!
Happy birthday to hubby! xx

Carol L said...

I've never seen a card like this before, but what an incredible finished product using those pretty coordinating papers! It's beautiful! Still chuckling over your food baby comment LOL

Brenda said...

Belated happy birthday to Martin, sounds like you celebrated well. As for your amazing card, I think I should give Samʻs blog a look, this design is amazing, especially with the beautiful papers you have chosen. Beautiful!