Saturday 25 November 2023

Colours of Winter at Allsorts

Happy weekend everyone. I am hosting at


                 so am entirely responsible for the optional theme of

Colours of Winter ( Anything Goes is also an option if you choose not to be challenged!!)

I found a colour swatch as my inspiration and coloured my cute image, and used an old LOTV paper pad to match. 



I really did try not to make a cute Christmas card but my attempts at a stamped and inked card ended in disaster (and a few sweary words) so I quickly changed my mind!! I decided to share the best of the failed attempts anyway!! (you can't see the blobby embossing and ink smudges too well).




I hope you will be tempted by my theme but in any case your makes will be most welcome.

Prizes this week come from AALL and Create who still have some fabulous bargain to be had, lots of stamps and stencils are half price or less but you need to be quick as the sale will be over very soon.




See you on Monday with, you've guessed it, another Christmas card.

 Until then have a lovely weekend xx


12 comments:

Sarn said...

Great theme for Allsorts and I love both the cards you’ve shown here xxx

meg said...

An adorable snowman card in a gorgeous colour combo Sarah,love the NOEL card too

Lisa said...

Adorable image and super coloring. I love the image in the Noel card too.

brenda said...

Very cute Snowman image Sarah and an enjoyable optional theme thank you. Thanks also for the reminder about that Clarity stamp as I know I have it somewhere.

B x

Liz said...

Two great cards, Sarah. The first one is so cute with the adorable image. I love your CAS card, it looks perfect to me. xx

Linby said...

The first card is so cute and brought a smile to my face. Love your second card, doesn't look blobby to me.

Julie B said...

What's wrong with cute? This looks fab and as for your 'failed' attempt it looks fine too, don't knock yourself! A lovely crisp wintery feeling today, winter has arrived I think even if the trees don't agree! :)

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous sweet image Sarah and I love the cute image and soft wintry blues..do you use a sprinkle of cornflour over the paper before you emboss, helps heaps..my embossing buddy ran out a few weeks ago and cornflour is the next best thing..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Megan J said...

Hi Sarah, two beautiful cards, love the super cute one and see nothing wrong with the second embossed Noel card, I had tried those trees about five times before I actually had one some that worked completely... love the glittery snow you have added... Have a wonderful week and thank you for the challenge

Ellibelle said...

Super cute card Sarah and cute cards are always a delight, I do love your other card as well, looks perfectly fine to me!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Thank you for a fabulous theme this week Sarah, a lovely cute card, always my favourite.
Lorraine

Jane Savage said...

Love this colour combo and that imagine is beyond adorable! Your second card looks amazing to me! xx