Saturday 4 November 2023

The Great Outdoors

Ellie is our host at Allsorts this week and she has chosen a lovely theme for you

The Great Outdoors. You can, of course, go for Anything Goes.

Another lovely prize up for grabs, in the end of month draw, from one of our lovely sponsors.



Prizes from Stampendous and Oakwood Direct and WOWVOW

I really embraced this theme and made a couple of Christmas tags using a die set that I found in my die box. I don't remember buying it but suppose it must have been one of those "must haves"!! Oops!!

So, here they are...


...one white on kraft and the other kraft on white. I also found some tubes of light modelling paste that I think I picked up in Lidl some time ago. Anyhow, it came in really handy for a bit of snowy texture. 
The shaped tags were cut with a Daisy Mae Designs arch nested die set that I can't actually find but there are similar here.

Whether these will end up being used as tags or on a card blank I'm not sure, but I had a lot of  fun making them.

Given the theme I thought I would share a bit of great outdoors at home. Storm Ciaran certainly made his presence felt down here on Thursday, the village became marooned and we now have our very own lake!! 


Bowie and Bumble, in the left of the pic, weren't too sure!!


I, on the other hand, got right in!! 

I hope that you will have time to join in this week.

See you soon xx


20 comments:

meg said...

Wonderful tags in a beautiful colour combo,lots of lovely details in the embellishments

Jules said...

These are wonderful Sarah .. .. I love them very much!
So many scrummy layers and I love all the texture.
Just beautiful.
Have a good weekend.
Love Jules xx

Mervi said...

Adorable tags!
Oh no how much rain;-))m

brenda said...

That's an awful lot of water Sarah, think we got off lightly this time round. Love your textural tags.

B x

Julie B said...

Love your shabby chic take on the theme Sarah. Your 'lake' looks very familiar! :)

Sarn said...

WOW - those tags are fantastic. Love them.

Gosh, you have had a lot of rain. Hope all is well xxx

Lynne said...

Lovely tags Sarah. I do like kraft and white together. Wow, your certainly do have a lake. I wonder how long that will take to go with the land being so sodden. We were lucky in the East and didn't really see much of Ciaran apart from a windy night x

Ellibelle said...

Love the kraft and white color scheme on these gorgeous tags and so beautifully layered with the die cuts! Really wonderful!
But so much rain!! Beautiful landscape though!!

Linby said...

Your tags are amazing, so it was meant to be whenever you bought the dies! wow! that is a lot of water!

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful festive tags Sarah love them great pics of the flooding which is not nice it certainly looks deep
hugs
lolo x

Chrissy said...

I absolutely love your tags Sarah, they are gorgeous with all that snow and the deer and love the corrugated bit, just fabulous, and look at your lake, my Harry would have been the first one in, he loved water no matter where it was or where it came from, great photos..

luv CHRISSYxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

These two tags are fabulous Sarah, I love kraft and white together it makes such a lovely frosty effect.
Lorraine

Liz said...

Beautiful tags Sarah, I love all the texture.
You certain had a lot of rain! It wasn’t too bad here compared with some parts of the country. xx

Lena said...

Your tags are absolutely lovely. Love the texture on all the beautiful layers, and of course the colour combo you used. How fun to have your own lake :-) It must have rained quite a bit in your neck of the woods. I'm surprised your pups didn't jump right in. Maybe too cold? :-)
Hugs,
Lena

Pat said...

Two beautiful Christmas tags Sarah, lovely designs. Hope the storm didn't do too much damage but glad to see you are enjoying your new lake.

Pat xx

Sue said...

Really gorgeous tags Sarah! and Woody bless him would have been in that water in a flash! while Ollie would eventually join him but at his own leisurely pace..hugs Sue x

Brenda said...

Wow, looks like you had quite a storm. I hope your lake is the biggest challenge you had. You tags are wonderful! I love all the texture and what a wonderful shape.

Jane Savage said...

Amazing tags, the mix of kraft & white is just perfect. Glad to see you didn't wade too far into the 'pond' the dogs are clearly more sensible than you though??!! :D :D xx

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely adorable and so beautiful in colour too, love your tags, oh gosh you look like amazing in that photo and what a lot of water.. ♥

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful tags thanks for sharing cheers Sue N x