Sunday 6 October 2013

Shades of Autumn

All being well, this will appear while I am out riding...so fingers crossed!!

Well, I failed in doing very little yesterday...seems I can't do "lazy"!!
 I ended up doing housework, then a bit of gardening (it was a shame to waste a glorious day), then I took Suzy for a walk (Mog is far to frail to go very far now) and then I made this card!! I had great fun making it as I love the Autumn, particularly the colours,(although the leaves are only just turning here at the moment) and the earthy smells that you get first thing in the morning when the light is just breaking



I used my lovely Happy Harvest papers again. The cute image came from Squigglefly and was coloured with Promarkers, as usual. I found the lovely rust satin ribbon in my stash, it came in a bundle from Crafty Ribbons

I would like to enter these challenges

4 Crafty chicks #162 - Fall/autumn
Allsorts #227 - Autumn colours
Sweet Stampin' - Autumn
Tuesday Throwdown #167 - Colours of Fall
Crafty Catz #201 - Anything Goes
Crafty Ribbons #64 - Anything Goes 

We are in for a warm day apparently so I hope to get the lawn mowed, if it's dried out from the torrential rain and spectacular thunder storms we had on Thursday night!

Whatever you are doing I hope it's a good day xx

21 comments:

Sammy said...

Oh this is gorgeous Sarah! I adore the papers and the image is just too adorable. x

Kim said...

love the autumn card Sarah and the lovely rich colours
Kim x

brenda said...

A wonderful take on this weeks theme Sarah.

Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Kelly Lloyd said...

Gorgeous colours on this fab card Sarah
Hugs Kelly

Jenny L said...

Hi Sarah,
this card is amazing. I love that image and your colouring is so superb. I thought it was a precoloured image as it is ssooooooooooooooo! good. Great designing as always.
I do hope you have enjoyed your horse riding.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Karon said...

WOW - fabulous card - love the image and wonderful Autumnal colours! TFS

Hazel said...

Hope you had a good ride, my lot were out hunting yesterday for the first time this season, I know doubt I will hear all about it tomorrow from the girls, Beth and daddy on pony/horse that they hunted on last year, Anna and mummy on new pony/horse.
Love your card with all the autumn colours, everything changing here and that's what I am looking forward to seeing while we are I. Canada the autumn colours up in the Rockies. Have a good day Hazel x

Chris said...

Such beautiful colours! Fab card, Sarah!
Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Nicecrane Designs said...

OMG, Sarah suc a cute image,,,,,,and waht stunning colring my friend,,,,,,you chgoose the bes one to show the autum.........Love it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Janice said...

What a cute image & a brilliant Autumn card. Hope you've had a fun day, Jx

Mojca said...

Such a lovely autumn card, love the colours. Hope you had fun riding today. Hugs! MOjca

Sue said...

Oh wow Sarah what a lovely cute image and I love the colour of that ribbon!! huggles Sue xxx

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card Sarah and an adorable image x Susan x

Wishcraft said...

Aww what a fab image, love it! Gorgeous colours too, lovely card hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

tilly said...

love the autum shades and papers, hope you got the lawn done,thanks for joining us as crafty catz
Tilly

Annette said...

Wow, lovely card, and beautiful colours.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our fall challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks,great job!

Leanne DT!
4 Crafty Chicks

Bo said...

Beautiful and cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Sister Act Card Challenge! Hugs, Bo

Julie said...

This is just lovely!

Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown - hope you can join us again as our new challenge launched today!

Hugs Julie x

Unknown said...

Haha, this image is too funny. Love the papers you've used, they are so perfectly matched together. Thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Catz and I hope you will come back again.
Hugs,
Anna xxx

Pia Larsen said...

Love the fun image! Thanks for playing with us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Good luck in the challenge. Pia xx