Thursday 30 January 2014

My Style

Hello everybody. I hope you are all well today. I can hardly believe it's Thursday again, almost the weekend and more importantly another new challenge at


We would like you to share a project showcasing your "style" be it Clean and Simple, Steampunk, Vintage, Fussy...whatever denotes YOUR style (and don't forget to let us know WHY).

I don't mind admitting I struggled to define my style. I tend to avoid bulky embellishments due to the postal charges these days, so that's "fussy" out. I'm not "C&S" because I LOVE patterned papers far too much to leave acres of white space, although the absence of embellies could make me lean a little that way. My images tend to be cute but I don't do the sweet, girly shabby chic thing either but I do like to use dies...Oh pants...I really don't know!! HELP!! 

I know...my style is just "me"!! Here's an example...


I thought it was about time I coloured a Barry image so matched him to some papers from a free paper pad. 
I stamped the sentiment on to a die cut tab. I pierced holes and used a letraset fineliner to created the illusion of stitching. Oh yes...that's definitely my style!!

I am taking Barry to play along here

Sweet Stampin' - In stitches
Creative Fingers #21 - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations #255 - Seasonal (Summer...wishful thinking)

Have a super duper day whatever you are up to and thanks for sharing a little bit of it with me!! xx

29 comments:

brenda said...

Very sweet and nice fresh colours Sarah.

Told hubby what you said and he thought we might give rice a try as well, the paddocks look about ready for it.

B x

Jane Savage said...

Let's just say your style is stylish! Another amazing make, Sarah. Great layout and I thought, "hey up, she's got the sewing machine out!" your 'stitching' looks so real. Amazing colouring too. Fan-dabby-dozy!! :) xx

Squirrel x said...

Even if you can't identify your style hun, we love it. Gorgeous card too, little Barry is super cute, and the colours are fab. Hugs xx

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely card and fab layout, have a great weekend cheers Sue N x

Michelle said...

I love this card Sarah. the image is adorable and the papers so pretty. great layout too. I think you summed your style up by saying its just you. that's how I would describe my style "just me". Michelle x

Tindaloo said...

Sweet card and lovely teddy image :) Thanks for playing along this time at Creative Fingers! Hope to see you next time too! ♥ Tindaloo

Sue said...

Hi Sarah, I know what you mean, I don't think I could define my style either! Recently I have seen cards referred to as 'Clean and Layered', which I think may apply quite well. Anyway, your card is gorgeous, adorable image and pretty papers too.
Sue xx

nnalorac said...

Super cute ME style Sarah. Lovely and fresh. So sweet.. Carolxx

Hazel said...

Lovely card, beautifully coloured and I am glad you are just sticking to "your style " as I think that's how we all should be. Hazel x

vic said...

Such a sweet card sarah and we love your style ;)
Hugs
Vic x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Awww such a cute card love the image and the layout. Love Alison xx

Sue said...

Isn't that image adorable Sarah and your cards are always gorgeous whatever your style is keep it up girl because I love it!!! I have no style either as you know if it wasn't for my liquid pearls I'd be lost hahahahaha huggles Sue xxx

Unknown said...

Lovely card , thank you for joining us at Creative fingers with our stitching/ anything goes challenge Hugs Tania (DT)xx

Annette said...

Wow, your card is crammed full of style hun. It's lovely, and I love Barry bear.
Hugs
Annette
xx

susiestacey said...

Your 'Style' is lovely Sarah, gorgeous image and beautifully coloured x Susan x

Crafty Moone Cards said...

This is gorgeous Sarah.
Sue x

Wishcraft said...

Lovely colours and Barry is gorgeous... I really must get him coloured in again. I don't think I really have one style - mine jumps around all over the place! Hugs, Lisa x

Karon said...

Perfect card and love the sweet ted. What great papers too! TFS

Anne Lise said...

Super cute :) Thanks for joining our challenge at Creative Fingers. Good luck!
~ Anne Lise ~

Debs said...

Love 'your style' of card Sarah - uber cute image and super pretty DP's
That faux stitching is amazing!!!
I defo don't have a clear defined style - I just enjoy all sorts of designs and techniques.
Debs xx

mixamatoasties said...

What a fab card. And I love your idea of stitching, I always always end up drawing mine, so I might try your idea next time!

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'

Susan x

Lori Turner said...

OMGOSH, Sarah, he's so adorable! Love that little bit of black stitching you have on there - adds the perfect touch! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week xoxoxo

Mojca said...

oh it looks soooooo pretty! gorgeous image!! hugs! Mojca

Anonymous said...

You have really done yourself proud this is just perfect! love it hunny hugs me xx

Milnie said...

This card is adorable, you colored the bear very well!
Thank you for joining us over at Crafting For All Seasons, good luck and hope to see you again.

Hugs,
Milnie DT

Carol said...

A beautiful creation. Thank you for making "One for the Girls" with us at CFAS, good luck and I hope we see you again soon. Carol DT x

Peanut said...

Aaaaaw! He's soooo cute! Sorry I haven't been visiting much...looks like I've missed quite a few goodies from you.
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Hope to see you back soon again.
Hugs Anna-Karin

nnalorac said...

Love your style Sarah, pretty papers and the cutest image. Carolxx