Sunday 12 January 2014

Sunday Blues

Hello everyone, hope you are enjoying your Sunday. It's back to grey and dismal as I write this and, I have to say, I'm not fond of Sundays, especially when Hubby has to work :0(

Anyhow, I have kept myself busy and made this shadow card to share with you, inspired by some current challenges out there. Hope you like it.



I found the instructions to make the shadow card in a magazine and
 adapted it a little to suit the size of my available cardstock. I used my MS Cherish punch to cut the edges AND got out the old needle and embroidery floss and stitched it too!! I thought I would focus on a sentiment today rather than an image and found the sentiment as part of a Woodware set. This was stamped onto the back piece of card (although it doesn't look like it in the picture). The corner stamp is from Clarity and doesn't get used nearly enough!! Lavish branch had a long overdue airing and just in case you were wondering, the papers are the super duper Parisienne Blue which I bought on my recent trip to The Range.
 I had a flash of creativity and made the flower with some ribbon that came in a value bag from Crafty Ribbons. I simple cut a 6" length, stitched a row of running stitch and pulled to gather and then neatened the edges.

the inspiration came from these challenges

The Squirrel and The Fox #61 - Show us your new stuff (papers)
Fussy and Fancy - Monochrome (cream and blue)
Sweet Stampin' - Girlie but no pink (hope the sentiment counts)
Allsorts #241 - Ribbons
Craft Your Passion #195 - Fancy borders or edges
Stamping Sensations January - Ribbons buttons & bows

Enjoy the rest of your day xx

32 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Sorry you are having a grey day hunny. My Sunday's don't get grey until about now when I realise that the weekend is nearly over and I am back to work tomorrow. Loving your card, the blue is like fine bone china and the whole is beautiful. Hugs xx

Debbie said...

great card. thank you for entering at sweet stampin' this week. debbiex

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Stunning card Sarah such a gorgeous sentiment. Love Alison xx

Wendy L said...

Great card and a great way of using ribbon thanks for joining us at Allsorts. xxxx

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful card , all the best cheers sue x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Sarah. I love the design, beautiful papers and pretty ribbon flower.
Sue xx

Crafty Moone Cards said...

This us beautiful Sarah.
Sue x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,such a lovely design.xxx

Michelle said...

a really stylish and elegant card Sarah. I love the shadow box idea and wouldn't mind having a go at this sometime. gorgeous. Michelle x

brenda said...

This is just stunning Sarah, from colors to design to that lovely sentiment.

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely card with us at Allsorts.

B x

Hazel said...

This is Beautiful Sarah, sorry you were having a grey day, hope you feel better tomorrow.
Hazel x

Susan Hogan said...

A beautiful card and your blue papers are to die for - thanks for sharing this unusual shaped card with us at the Squirrel and the Fox.

Jenny L said...

Hi Sarah,
super card. I love the design, and that paper is really fab. Reminds me of Wedgewood. Love your super flower.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sue said...

What a stunner Sarah I love this, its gorgeous. Your as bad as me I find things I haven't used for ages lol no wonder DH says 'surely you don't want anything else???' hahaha have a great day huggles Sue xxx

Karon said...

WOW, Sarah, this is such a beautiful card. Love the focal sentiment and the fabulous papers and design! TFS and have a wonderful week.

Jane Savage said...

Very chic and very elegant, Sarah. Love your colour choice and design. What a stunner!! xx

Annette said...

Sundays are rubbish, but if they're abolished then Monday comes around even quicker. Love your classy card Sarah. The sentiment is lovely.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Mojca said...

Waaaaaw gorgeous card, I love the beautiful papers and such cute flower. hugs! MOjca

Janice said...

Gorgeous Sarah, what a lovely card and flower. Jx

Kat W said...

So classy and elegant - must try the shadow box design some time. Gorgeous DP and your handmade ribbon flower is fab!
Hugs, Kat x

Jo Rice said...

Gorgeous card, and such clean and crisp colour tones...I love the sentiment too. Thank you for joining in with the Fussy and Fancy Friday Blog Challenge...and good luck...Jo. X

Laine said...

This is stunning Sarah. Love the colours and the fabulous design detail.
Laine
xx

Wishcraft said...

Fab design, love the sentiment stamp and those gorgeous papers! Lovely card hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card Sarah! I love the papers you used and the flower is so pretty. :)

Unknown said...

Morning Sarah what a fabulous shape card & such pretty colours, papers & textures love this...Have a great day xxxx

Peanut said...

What an elegant creation, Sarah. The blues and creams...stunning combo. Not a fan of gloomy Sundays either!
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Leeann said...

This is stunning!

Mummylade said...

So elegant!! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week and good luck in the challenge!

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Such a pretty and elegant card. Thank you for sharing your card and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

pinky said...

What a stunning creation Sarah! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

Francesca said...

A lovely creation, Thanks for joining us at stamping sensations

Francesca x

Eret said...

Incredible! I can't resist anything blue :) Your card is stunning, Sarah. Thank you so much for sharing youit with us at Stamping Sensation. I hope you join us again in our new challenge.
Eret x