Monday 6 January 2014

New Year Candy

Hello my blogging buddies. I hope you are well this Monday. For those of you (and I sincerely hope there are very few) who have suffered as a result of these ongoing storms I send good wishes.

Now usually I would be sharing a Cutie Pie DT card with you but we are having a post festive break and will be back with a new challenge on 20th January. For the next fortnight we are offering super duper Follower's New Year Candy, kindly donated by our fabulous DT Boss Lady Lisa.

 Link up and THIS is what you could win...


...oh, how I wish I could!!

prize consists of: doily's, 2 packs of flowers, 2 sheets of sentiment toppers, mint/iridescent bows, 3m roll of ribbon, pink butterfly washi tape and a selection of buttons. Sooooo go on what are you waiting for!?




On a different note, we have had a major change to our lives. As a family we made the heartbreaking decision to say goodbye to our precious boy Mog the Dog. Since celebrating his 17th Birthday in October, his health started to decline, he was frequently off his legs, life seemed to be a struggle for him and he'd lost the light in his eyes. Goodbyes are never easy but he went quietly and peacefully to eternal sleep in his own bed on Friday afternoon. Suzy is a little subdued, largely I think, because she used to lick his dinner bowl after he had finished and now only has her own!! He did his very best for us and hope we did the same for him. Thanks for listening to me xx



14 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Sarah,
I am so sorry to hear the news of Mog. I know when my son had to put his dog to sleep after 15 years with the family we all felt really sad, and especially his choccie lab that was left on his own, but sadly he failed after 2 more years nearly to the day.
Big hugs to you and your family at this very sad time.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Unknown said...

Oh Sarah, I am so sorry! Goodbyes are not easy and I feel your pain. Had to say goodbye to a beloved pet last fall and I still miss her so. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm quite positive you were very good to Mog and he had a lovely home. Hugs

Jane Savage said...

So sorry to here about Mog, Sarah. It is the most heartbreaking decision any pet owner has to make. I know I have had to do it more times than I care to remember. Looking at that beautiful face of his I can only imagine what joy he brought to your life. Big hugs xx

Mojca said...

oh Sarah I really am so sorry for your dog! I know how hard it is, I had to go through the same thing when we had to make the same decision with my cat. but he'll live forever in your hear. Big hugs! MOjca

Debs said...

So sorry to read your news about Mog Sarah - I can only imagine how tough the decision must have been.
He looks like he was well loved and cared for and will forever live in your hearts.
Take care
Debs xx

Annette said...

So sad to hear about Mog, Sarah. I'll be he had a really happy life with you and your other animals. Sending big virtual hugs.
Annette
xx

Wishcraft said...

Oh I'm really sorry to hear about Mog, he looks like such a lovely dog... sending big hugs xx Lisa x

Hazel said...

Sarah I am sorry you had to make that heart breaking decision, but he will be at peace now, and he will always have a place I your hearts.

Hazel xx

Sue said...

So sorry to hear about Mog:( sending lots of huggles Sue xx

Michelle said...

oh Sarah how very sad. I'm so sorry for the loss of your pet mog. I know how it feels to lose a beloved pet. thinking of you (((((hugs))))). Michelle xx

Karon said...

Oh Sarah, so sorry to hear about Mog - but a bet he had 17 years of love care and attention! Hugs coming your way, Karon.

Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah I am so sorry to hear about Mog I am sorry you had to make this heartbreaking decision! Its not an easy one I know only too well!
Sending you warm hugs!! Samantha :0)

Peanut said...

Oh Sarah. I understand your pain. I simply could not leave a comment on Monday. It was heartbreaking for me to read about Mog. He was your faithful boy and will always remain in your heart, permanently. Take care, my friend.
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Laine said...

Its so very sad when you loose a much loved and treasure friend Sarah. He will be in your thoughts and will be the subject of so many sweet anecdotes in the future.
Laine
xx