Monday 13 June 2022

Add aTag

 Hello lovely people of blogland. I hope that you had an enjoyable weekend and are fully refreshed for the week ahead and whatever it may bring.

I had such an enjoyable time colouring the little fellow I am sharing with you today. He is Pig with Butterfly by Lee Holland who is kindly sponsoring our latest challenge at


Tags are the order of the day and I decided to make a tag shaped card blank using a nesting set from Crafters Companion which actually doesn't appear to be available any more.


The blank was cut in kraft card and then I used the smaller dies to make a lovely layered topper. I love to use chocolate brown with pink and while rummaging in my stash found some gorgeous brown glittered card that, if memory serves me, came with plain and embossed dots too in ten different colours. I am sure it came from Create and Craft many years ago...hmmm...must hunt out the other colours they must be somewhere!! Anyway, I digress, the little piggy was coloured with Promarkers and I found some complimentary ribbons and pearls to made an embellishment bundle. It won't stand up because it's top heavy but never mind, it looks so pretty and once I add the insert it should balance. 
I hope you will play along.

Have a good day xx


14 comments:

meg said...

Brilliant colouring on that adorable little pig Sarah,love your choice of papers and embellishments,a beautiful keepsake make

Julie B said...

Such a cute little piggy Sarah. I have the die set too, must get it out! :)

Jane Savage said...

So pretty, Sarah I love the pearls. But oh my goodness that piggy...cuteness overload!! xx

Pat said...

Great tag shaped card Sarah, adorable little pig coloured beautifully.

Pat xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous tag Sarah and I love that sweet image! hugs Sue x

Inkyfingers said...

I can see why you enjoyed colouring this cutie pie, Sarah and I love the tag shape and layers you added. Those ribbons and the button are the perfect finishing touch too!
Take care,
Hugs
Carol x

Chrissy said...

I thought happy as a pig in mud was the saying, but this is so adorable, a happy pig sitting on his upside down food dish, how gorgeous, fabulous colouring love the background, gorgeous tag Sarah..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Pat K said...

WOW...this is beyond adorable Sarah. So beautifully coloured and I love the background. A great card. xx

Lynne in NI said...

Oh my gosh, that's such a sweet little piggy and you've coloured him beautifully Sarah .. he's like something you'd see in a kiddies story book!

Lena said...

This is such a cute tag. Love the combination of ribbons to create the fun embellishment on the top. Such a creative idea. The little piggy is just too cute!
Another stunner, Sarah :-)
Hugs,
Lena

Jenny L said...

Hi Sarah,
this is such a wonderful card and I love the tag shape.
That image is the cutest and so wonderfully coloured too.
Love the card stock and ribbons used.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Oh this little piggy is so adorable and your colouring of him is gorgeous Sarah. I love the chocolate and pink colour combo you have used here and the pretty ribbons finish it off beautifully.
Lorraine

Brenda said...

Hi Sarah! I LOVE THIS CARD! You beautiful, soft colors and coloring really make this cute little piggy!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Aww, this is beyond adorable Sarah! I LOVE Lee Holland's gorgeous images and this is a super cutie for sure! Your tag design is really gorgeous with all the layers. LOVE it! Hugs, Wends xoxo