Saturday 26 August 2023

Butterflies at Allsorts

Hello friends, hope you have had a good week.

It's summer here in the UK but there have been days where it's been questionable with driving rain and gales BUT we have had some sunshine too and visits from butterflies to the garden and house. 

This leads me really nicely to the optional theme at Allsorts Challenge this week which is

BUTTERFLIES and hosted by Dena

Now being a fan of cute stamps it was a bit of a tall order to find a butterfly in my stash but I had this beauty hiding away. I have a suspicion that it was a magazine freebie that I just knew I was going to need one day.



 I cut a Daisy Mae Designs tag and heat embossed the butterfly. I even made a mask and stencilled through a Funky Fossil Stencil using various inks. Then I coloured the butterfly to match. Oh and Chrissy....I splattered as well!! It looked a little bit unfinished so I stamped a couple of words from an old Paperartsy stamp set heat embossed in white and it finished off the tag a treat.

There are some lovely prizes up for grabs this month...


...provided by our generous sponsors Craft StashAnna Marie DesignsAALL and CreateOakwood

I hope you have a good weekend xx

13 comments:

Liz said...

Super tag Sarah, great background for your beautiful butterfly. xx

meg said...

Love the vintage/grungy feel of your tag the background and stamping are beautiful

brenda said...

You stepped outside your comfort zone so well Sarah, I love your tag and the way you built up the colour, texture and interest.

B x

Lisa said...

Wonderful butterfly tag. Love the colors and the texture added for the loop.

Linby said...

A beautiful artsy tag and those words are a great finishing touch.

Dena J said...

A very fun tag with lots of techniques! Really has a marvelous autumn feel to it as well.

Ellibelle said...

A beautifully done tag, lots of wonderful details and the butterfly is gorgeous!

Chrissy said...

What a beautiful, splattered tag Sarah and I love your beautiful butterfly and the top tie and fabulous background colours, love it..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Julie B said...

Super grungy tag Sarah. The rain continues but we did manage 12 round bales of haylage in a dry spell, just in case there isn't an Indian summer! The barley across from us was cut in a 24 hr gap between the showers, so someone is happy at least! :)

Pat said...

Beautiful tag Sarah, it has a lovely Autumnal Vintage feel about it, sweet butterfly image too.

Pat xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous tag, love the background and pretty colours.
Lorraine

Mervi said...

Gorgeous tag;-))m

Brenda said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Sarah! The butterfly is beautiful, I see why you kept him, and I love how he matches your stenciling. Great job on the splatters.