Thursday 21 September 2023

AYLI Harvest Colours

 Hello and Happy Thursday!!

I must apologise if I haven't visited recently, it's been a bit hectic here with both work and home life. Workwise it's been full steam ahead arranging Flu and Covid Clinics and we've had liveries on holiday so additional poo picking ( it's all glamour,glamour, glamour here!!) and horsecare. 

Autumn is certainly making her presence felt and harvest down here (in the sense of combining oats, wheat, beans and barley) finished last month. It's been many years since I have been in a combine harvester and  have fond memories of watching Hubby, back when combines didn't have cabs and he would look like he'd been rolled in soot!! Oh the excitement when we bought our first combine with a cab and then the realisation that I wouldn't see him until hundreds of acres of crops had been harvested!!  Happy days!! 

So, talk of harvest brings me nicely to the theme this time at


It's HARVEST colours.

I love the russets, deep reds and golds that are on their way and chose Doodlebug Designs Happy Harvest paper pad as my inspiration. A rummage through my stamps and I found MFT Sweater Weather in the Woods. I coloured the bear with Promarkers and fussy cut him to stick on the card.


Thank you for your visit. See you on Saturday xx


11 comments:

Julie B said...

Love the DP you've chosen for this Sarah, the bear is a fun addition too.
Sadly no harvest here as yet but whisper it quietly there is a spell of dry weather in the forecast so there have been mutterings of wrapped bales. Shame we wont be getting hay but at least the grass wont go to waste. :)

meg said...

The rich autumnal colours in the background paper are so beautiful and I love the bear you teamed with it,wonder if he's enjoying a pumpkin spice latte

brenda said...

Oh yes I remember those combines and Dad coming in looking just as you describe. I also remember that is was an almost daily event with belts breaking and someone having to go into Cambridge to get replacements.

I share a love of the Autumnal colours you mention and there's a real warm feel to your fun card.

B x

Sue said...

Such a cute image and I love that background paper Sarah! My grandparents had a farm and I have so many happy memories of smelling my grandma's cooking especially fresh bread and enormous table with lots of us sat around chatting LOL and of course bottle feeding lambs and snow that went over your wellies! Oh to be there again happy days lots of huggles Sue xx

Elaine Stark said...

Great colours and so cute too. Elaine

Chrissy said...

Loved reading about your farm life Sarah, even picking up poo, lol, and fabulous cute card, love your colours and sweet bear..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Jane Savage said...

Love your card, love that paper, love that bear in a sweater and love autumn. Just full of love today!! xx

Lisa said...

Terrific fall themed paper to go with that fantastic fun image.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Sarah this is a cutie that image of the bear made me smile I love that background Autumnal paper
hugs
lorraine x

Linby said...

Love that DP and such a cute image with a great sentiment.

Brenda said...

I can just imagine how beautiful your place is in autumn. I love the fall and miss is dearly. I imagine how good your little bear is feeling after sipping his latte. Beautiful image, lovely coloring and the paper is just perfect.