Saturday 2 December 2023

Allsorts Stitching

 Another weekend rolls around and my Saturday post to share my DT piece for Allsorts challenge where Liz is hosting. Her fabulous optional theme is STITCHING - real or faux.

Here is what I made


I would normally have inked faux stitching with black fine liner or white pen but Martin managed to tear the cuff on one of his shirts so the sewing machine was required for a fix. A perfect opportunity to sew my papers together!! 

The adorable Barry was coloured with Promarkers and I made the tree bucket and bauble storage a little bit snazzy with metallic and shimmery pens.

Prizes this week come from AALL and Create who still have some fabulous bargains to be had, lots of stamps and stencils are half price or less but you need to be quick as the sale will be over very soon.



Thank you for your continued support and lovely comments. See you soon xx

20 comments:

brenda said...

What a lovely colour palette Sarah, a real Winter feel and great stitching as well thanks to Martin.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A very sweet card Sarah, love the colours and layers.
Lorraine

meg said...

A wonderful Christmas card for a youngster Sarah,Barry is adorable and your stitched papers beautiful.

Sarn said...

Very cute Christmas bear card xxx

Ellibelle said...

The real sewing looks fantastic! I used to do that until I re-organized my craft room then had no room for the sewing machine, so it's just in a corner now, I miss the beautifully finished designs!
The image is so adorable and a perfect choice of papers too!

Linby said...

This is so lovely and your papers co ordinate so beautifully and all the lovely stitching too.

Lisa said...

Fabulous adorable image and super cute card.

Liz said...

Wonderful card, Sarah. Lovely layout and great stitching. xx

Julie B said...

Your stitching looks fab, good job you had the machine out! I've never tried to do this, but I need to mend one of Al's work shirts so might have a play! :)

Chrissy said...

Dear Barry, he looks so happy popping the star up on the tree Sarah, love your stitching on the papers, makes me wanna get my machine out now, fabulous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Sarah, love the pretty papers and the stitching looks fab.
Lorraine x

Lynne in NI said...

Aww what a cutie Sarah and great job with your stitching!

Jane Savage said...

Real stitching on cards always looks soooo good! Great card! xx

Pat said...

Lovely Christmas card Sarah, such a cute bear image and lovely papers.

Pat xx

Debbie said...

Hi Sarah, your card is brilliant. Such a cutie and i am loving the stitching. I've only ever tried faux stitching so maybe I should give it a go eh on my machine. Thank you for your lovely comments and wishes as always. Stay cosy. Hugs xx

Inkyfingers said...

Barry is adorable, Sarah and I love your stitching and mix of papers.
Hope you are well at this busy time.
Hugs
Carol x

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely stunning with this gorgeous design, amazing creativity and beautiful colours xx

Sue said...

Such a sweet card Sarah and I love the colours you have used hugs Sue x

Brenda said...

I love this card, Sarah! First of all Barry is one of my favorites, but those papers and that stitching are just too good!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

I love the look of stitching on cards, real stitching especially, this is fabulous hun, not great Martin tore his shirt, but perfectly timed for you to do your card stitching, yay! LOVE it! Hugs, Wends xoxo