Thursday 10 April 2014

Just a note...

Thursday again... and another weekend looming. Where do the weeks go!?

Anyway, as it's Thursday I am here to share my DT card for


We have a bit of stitching going on this time and we would like to share your favourite kind, real or faux...it's up to you but remember to tell us WHY.

Here's my contribution...


I rarely add real stitching to my cards, simply because it's a palaver getting the sewing machine out, however, I have recently been trying my hand at patchwork so the machine has been set up ready to go, so I had no excuse this time.


I have to say I am really rather pleased with myself, so much so I have included a close up of my handiwork (don't spend too long looking though, I'm really not that good!!)




I used the lovely Parisienne Blue papers and followed another LOTV sketch. I embossed the circle with a freebie that came from a magazine, as it had an appropriate pattern and sanded it back to reveal the core. The pretty jug was a freebie from Jelly Park. I coloured it to match the papers with....wait for it...Spectrum Noirs (I am really trying to master these!!).

I am playing here

Fan-tastic Tuesday Challenge #30 - Anything Goes
Just Inspirational - Embossing
Rhedd & Rosie #30 - Anything Goes

That's it for now, but as it's two card Thursday I will be back a little later with another creation!!

See you then!! xx

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So different love the style and also the sewing and colour, hugs me x

Laine said...

Love the colours on this one, very Delft like. Wonderful detail with your clever sewing and embosing.
Laine
xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Sarah. I love the papers, beautiful embossing and pretty image. Your stitching looks fabulous!
Sue xx

Hazel said...

Another great card. Hazel xx

Anonymous said...

Great card love the papers.

Thank you for joining us at Rhedd & Rosie Challenge Blog.

Moira DT. xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Sarah so pretty, love the papers and embossing, I too rarely use sewing on my cards but it does make a difference. Gorgeous card. Love Alison xx

Jane Savage said...

Love those gorgeous papers, Sarah! Great design and fab stitching! xx

Sandra Wright. said...

Fabulous...love the stitching...
A great entry in to our challenge at Rhedd & Rosies...x

Kelly Lloyd said...

Just catching up on some of your latest makes Sarah
This is stunning. Love it
Hugs Kelly

Annette said...

Ooooh I'm loving these purples. Fab card Sarah.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Beautiful, I love how you've used these gorgeous papers!
Rebecca.