Monday 21 April 2014

Spring bloom...no watering required!!

 
Happy Monday Folks!!

A visit from me before I get out in the garden, the rain has done wonders for the soil so should be nice and easy to dig. We also have a few docks appearing the the paddocks so they need attention too. Added to that I can burn off the calories I consumed yesterday!!

One of our patients, at work, left a home crafts magazine in the Waiting Room. 
I don't buy these so was interested to see what projects it contained. There was a rather nice fabric flower so I skimmed the instructions and came up with this. Whoever she was I do hope she will bring the next issue for me to have a peep at!!



I used a saucer to cut seven circles, then using embroidery thread did running stitch about 1/2" from the edge. My assistant held the fabric while I put a ball of stuffing (NOT sage and onion though!!) in the middle and then pulled the stitching tight. I actually stitched the petals to the centre but I'm sure  a hot glue gun would work just as well. The stem is a chop stick covered in ribbon. The flower pot actually contains a citronella candle so for "demonstration purposes" I stuck the chop stick into it!! Ta dah!!

Ooh...playing along here

Anything But A Card - Spring Forward

Cheerio for now.
Thanks for sharing your day with me!!

18 comments:

Janice said...

Looking good Sarah, a lovely fabric flower. Hope the poor patient isn't put on permanent recall as a result of this! Jx

Laine said...

Stunning, fabulous colour. Such a clever idea. Love it.
Laine
xx

Hazel said...

What a fab project Sarah, you have done a great job considering you only had a quick look at the magazine, Hazel xx

Annette said...

Wow, this is fab. Love it. Very pretty fabrics.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Sarah, I love the pretty material you have used and fab design.
Sue xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

This is stunning love the colours you have used. Love Alison xx

Whisper said...

Aaah gorgeous hun and i wish i could sew like that, Luv Sam x

Bridie said...

Fantastic idea!

Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

Hope you had a lovely Easter!!

Hugs

Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

Chrissy said...

What a neat project to do and I love the fabrics and colours Sarah..gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

Oh my Sarah!!!!! just think a garden full of these...no more weeds hahahahaha its gorgeous I love it .. lots of huggles Sue xxx

Lynsey said...

Hi Sarah, I have seen this in the magazine but I've not had a go at it yet! Your flower is gorgeous! I really want to make one now!
Hugs Lynsey x

Peanut said...

oh so clever, Sarah! LOVE this idea and speaking of stuffings, instead of sage and onion some lavender will make this a fun little piece to freshen a room. can't wait to see what the next issue will inspire you to do. :-)
hugs, Asha

Di said...

Oooh this is lovely Sarah! Bright and happy flower :-)

Your comment about the CC Kitsch bows being very stiff is spot on! I gently folded mine round a pencil.

Hugs

Di
xx

Shuly said...

oooooh i'm very impressed with your creations!! how clever and inventive!! you are one talented crafter!!

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Wow, this looks fabulous! I always love to see beautiful projects like this as I've never tried anything like it before - so inspiring!
Rebecca.

Wishcraft said...

Ooh love it Sarah, it looks FAB :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Anonymous said...

oh this is great fun! love it :0)

susiestacey said...

Lovely project Sarah x Susan x