Thursday 1 August 2019

Favourite Flower

Hello my lovely friends and visitors. I hope life is treating you well.

It's time to share another DT piece for As You Like It Challenge.

We are all about your Favourite Flowers this time ( and why, of course!). I have previously showcased daisies and sunflowers so this time thought about winter time flowers and came up with these.


I have had poinsettias in my kitchen for many winters now and one particular £1 plant from a supermarket lasted well into August. Funny I have never managed it since!! Although they can be a little bit tempermental, I love the velvety texture of the blooms and how they can brighten up a room.

I am really pleased with my new Sue Wilson poinsettia and message dies and ( in spite of my self imposed crafty stash embargo!!) am sure they will get lots of use!! I really enjoyed the piecing back together, very therapeutic.

I hope my crafty friends in the north of the UK are safe and well after the dreadful weather we had on Tuesday. What scary stuff for you.

That's all for now. I wish you a good weekend, when you get there xx

18 comments:

Jane Savage said...

Beautiful, elegant cards, Sarah! We usually find ourselves in possession of a poinsettia or two at Christmas! xx

Michelle said...

These are absolutely stunning Sarah - I love the dies you bought - might have to treat myself lol. Michelle x

meg said...

love these Sarah, a beautiful set of dies, the black background adds lots of drama

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Schitterende kerstkaarten
Groetjes Gerrie

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful cards x

Carol S. said...

Gorgeous cards Sarah. Love the designs. Hugs, Carol S.xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous collection of cards Sarah, beautiful poinsettias and fabulous design - the black one is especially striking.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jenny L said...

Hi sarah,
yes I too love poinsettias they are so gorgeous.
Love your wonderul cards and thae fab designs are brilliant.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Julie B said...

Love a poinsettia card as you know and these are fab!
All safe and sound here but son caught up in train delays on Wednesday as a result of flooding on line and our daughter posted pics of the local park and nearby streets under flood water! Thankfully they were OK. :)

Chrissy said...

Beautiful dies Sarah and gorgeous cards, I love that sentiment die..

Luv CHRISSYxx

aussie aNNie said...

So many fabulous cards here for Christmas Sarah, lovely poinsettia design, they make the best.xx .enjoy your weekend.xx

Pat K said...

Oh these are gorgeous Sarah. I know what you mean about the piecing together..something calming about the process. Enjoy your weekend. Pat K xx

Inkyfingers said...

What a lovely collection of cards to add to your Christmas pile Sarah. That die looks great and I love how you turned it to give different looks. I love poinsettias too and always get one at the beginning of December to start the Christmas season off. We are safe in Manchester but a tiny brook some way behind our house, rose and flooded some local houses. It usually dries up completely in the summer!
Hugs
Carol x

KandA said...

Gorgeous cards Sarah. That is a fabulous Poinsettis die and I love your design with the trims down one side xx

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh your poinsettias are gorgeous Sarah! Mine never last more than a couple of weeks!

Annette said...

Beautiful Poinsettias. You've been busy with the xmas cards!

Lena said...

These are absolutely beautiful and festive. I've been wanting to get this die, but I was on the fence about it. Now I think it's a definite YES!!! :-)
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
♥ Lena
Lena’s Creations

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a fabulous line up of Christmas creations Sarah, a brilliant design for batch makes! I love poinsettia's at Christmas time too! Love this fabulous design too. Hugs, Wends xoxo