Thursday 1 September 2022

What's your favourite shape then?

 Hello friends. How did it get to be September? The leaves are turning and there are so many acorns on our oak trees already. Sloes and blackberries in abundance so I think some of those might just find their way into some gin and/or vodka ready for the season of goodwill.

With those festivities in mind I have a Christmas card to share with you today. It's the start of a new challenge at 


where we are looking forward to see ing your favourite card shape.

Now I like an ordered life and like symmetry so, for me, it had to be a 6x6 square card. Easy to get a symmetrical layout and they work well as a tent sytle too. 

Here is my square, complete with belly band...


...and then when you open it....BOOM!!...an explosion!!





I took inspiration from Sam Calcott here. It looks impressive but was actually really quick to assemble (once all the mats were cut). I used a Nitwits digital paper matted on to kraft card for the panels. The adorable digi is from the long ago closed (and much missed) Digistamp Boutique and was coloured with Promarkers. I think the Christmas is from Crafters Companion, but there are lots of similar dies available and the pine cones (which are actually embossed!!) from Joanna Sheen (also now closed).

It's a bit fat when folded so this will be hand delivered to someone special, come December.

I hope that I have whetted your appetite and look forward to seeing your favourite card shapes. If you are looking for more inspiration please go and visit my teamies here.

See you soon xx

Passion for Markers #656 - Christmas

18 comments:

brenda said...

The landscape is much the same here Sarah and clear indications of Autumn. Today's card with the band is a really pretty shape.

B x

Julie B said...

I want to say Ta Dah! Super make Sarah. Hope you get some decent rain this weekend, we desperately need it. The large pond has shrunk so far that the sheep can walk around to get into the hay meadow! However we did have to rescue one from the mire at one end when she got stuck up to her arm pits! Al almost up to his trying to get her out, she managed it finally, turning into a new breed, Brick Mere sludge!! We've had to pen the ewes up in the smaller field by the house as we can't keep them from trying it again. :)

meg said...

Absolutely fantastic,love the papers and deer topper you chose

cotnob said...

A super Christmas card Sarah, lovely papers, a cute image and fabulous design - Sam Calcott is so good at these isn't she.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jenny L said...

Hi Sarah,
this is such a very wonderful card and what a super inside too.
Love all the wonderful elements used in this great design.
The papers used are gorgeous and the cute image inside is so sweet and coloured wonderfully.
My dear friend used to makes sloes gin.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Chrissy said...

What a wonderful card Sarah, I just love the inside design, wow, I'm going to check that out for sure, love your papers and sweet image, fabulous card.

Luv CHRISSY XX

Elaine Stark said...

A fabulous card, looks so complicated. Elaine

Jane Savage said...

Wowee what a showstopper, Sarah! xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A real statement piece card, fab colours and design too.
Lorraine

Lynne said...

A wonderful Christmas card Sarah. I love your papers and the way it explodes when you open looks fab x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Sarah this is beautiful the festive colours and image are a delight the card fold looks amazing I love it
hugs
lorraine x

Pat said...

What a fabulous card Sarah, I love the shape and your beautiful papers and so cute image.

Pat xx

Aunty Sue said...

Love this great dedign and folds thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers

Ella's Design said...

Fabulous fancy fold card shape, Sarah, great paper choices and fab colouring of that sweet bear with his Christmas tree (I too miss Digistamp Boutique's pretty images!)...
Thanks for playing along with us at Passion for Markers this week, Lisa x

The Crafty Den said...

What a fantastic and interesting fold card Sarah. I love the DB image (I miss the store too) and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

Brenda said...

Well what a fun surprise! I love this card and the darling little image. I must give this one a try.

Lena said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning. You've inspired to give it a try. Beautifully done, my friend. The weather on my neck of the woods is still sunny and toasty, so much so that my apple tree has lost all sense of Seasons and sprouted a few more blooms while dropping some of it's leaves :-) I, of course, am not complaining. Love the sunny toasty weather! Hugs ~ Lena

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a cool card design Sarah! LOVE the paper and image combo too, super cute hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo