Thursday 5 October 2023

AYLI Fairies or Halloween

 Hello friends.

So, October has arrived and has been quite friendly so far!! Let's hope the weather stays fair for just a little longer before winter woolies are required!!

It's time, once more, for a new challenge at


and your theme this time is Fairies or Halloween.

I do like fairies but  not really a fan of Halloween. I do, however have a six year old granddaughter who  loves to go trick or treating along their street so I made this!! A sweet LOTV fairy, Cobweb,with a sprinkling of cobwebs and a spider. Mine is rubber but she is available in digi form.


I coloured the adorable little fairy with Promarkers and simply added lots of layers to make a quick easel card to send to Mollie in a couple of weeks. The sentiment is also LOTV, from a clear stamp set that, sadly has started to perish despite being kept safely in a drawer away from direct sunlight. The collection is slowly dwindling as they come apart in my hands when I am taking them from their acetate housing. I added a couple of die cut trees  to suspend her silk tightrope.

See you soon xx





14 comments:

brenda said...

I think it's age rather than how they are stored Sarah, several of my Lavinia ones have done the same. This looks a perfect compromise on the theme options and sure your Granddaughter will love it.

B x

Jane Savage said...

Great colour combo and I love how you've used the die-cuts. Off to check the state of my unused stamps now. xx

meg said...

She's adorable and beautifully coloured Sarah,great idea to use the cobweb fairy for a seasonal/ Halloween card

Pat said...

What a gorgeous card Sarah, I love your LOTV fairy, can't say I have ever seen thate one before, she looks so cute balancing on the spider silk with the spider looking on. Arm is a bit sore today after the jabs and I am very tired so having a quiet day today.

Pat xx

Lynne said...

A lovely card and great colour combo Sarah. Some of my old LOTV sentiments are coming to pieces too. I suppose it must be their age but it's so annoying when they come apart in your hands x

Elaine Stark said...

A simply adorable card. Elaine

coldwaters2 said...

This is a little beauty Sarah the image is so pretty I love your layers with those borders a superb make
hugs
lorraine x

Chrissy said...

She is so clever and adorable Sarah and love the branches and leaves and definitely the green and purple..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

Love this LOTV image I need to get my stamps out they haven't been out for a while! Gorgeous card and love the layers hugs Sue x

Linby said...

this is super cute and I love the colours and layout. As Brenda says some of my Lavinia are breaking apart too :(

aussie aNNie said...

Your card is beautiful, Sarah, it's stunning in design and colour, love this ♥x

Lisa said...

Adorable image and super cute card.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A very sweet and adorable image for your grand-daughter's card Sarah. I have a few stamps that have gone the same way unfortunately and they have been kept in a drawer also.
Lorraine

Lena said...

What a sweet Halloween card for your granddaughter. She is going to love it. My granddaughter is so ready for Halloween. She has her costume and her route planned and is now just wishing for good weather because of her fairy costume, "because, Grandma, fairies don't wear long sleeves under their dresses" :-) It cracks me up!
Have a wonderful day.
❤Lena
Lena’s Creations