Thursday 8 August 2024

Bugs, Feathers or Fur at AYLI

 


The new challenge lands today at AYLI and we would love to know which of these is your favourite.

Bugs, Feathers or fur? and a little explanation is required too.

I am not a fan of bugs and the flapping of the feathery friends freak me out so I am sharing a horse today.  Wills isn't really furry at this time of year, more silky really but he does get softer fur in the winter and at any time of year there is nothing quite like the sniff of a velvet muzzle!! 

My lovely team mate Brenda recently mentioned tackling her UFOs (unfinished objects) and I have been making a concerted effort this year to do the same. I have reduced the pile a fair bit but along the way have rekindled my love of cross stitch which, in turn, meant the purchase of one or two kits, this horse being one of them from Zindagi Designs. I used all the called for colours and simply mounted in a hoop. I have a Christmas bird on the go at the moment that I'm finishing as well as quick stitch coasters for my work mates' Christmas gifts so no new starts on the horizon.


This is the closest I could get to that elegant horses paces and the face of a old middle aged lady concentrating!! It's taken two years to start rebuilding my confidence and it's still fragile at times. I bear a permanent reminder of my tumble and given that this lovely boy is  a little tinker I really ought to stop, but the need (like buying paper pads) just cannot be curtailed!!


See you at the weekend xx




8 comments:

Julie B said...

Well done in getting your UFOs under control but hey once you go down that rabbit hole it's bound to hit a few memories and rekindle enthusiasms! Well done you getting back in the saddle, literally, personally I like to look but never brave enough to follow through!! Grass cut, and wrapped for haylage in 2 fields but the weather beat us on the 3rd! Hopefully hay later in the month. :)

Pat said...

Beautiful piece of cross stitch Sarah and a lovely photo of you.

Pat xx

meg said...

A fabulous cross stitch project and pic Sarah

Chrissy said...

Back in the saddle Sarah, wonderful,. and I love your cross-stitch project, just beautiful, I would be lucky if
I could thread a needle these days with my eyes..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lynne said...

Lovely cross stitch Sarah. I'm guilty of having quite a few UFO's cross stitch wise, but cards seem to have taken over!

Elaine Stark said...

A fab cross-stitch and a lovely photo. Elaine

Jane Savage said...

Wow what a stunning design, and I love your 'action shot' with Wills. Note to self; must get my UFO cross stich projects out.

Brenda said...

Both horses are beautiful, Sarah, as is your stitching. Happy to be stamping out those UFOs with you and happy to see you riding. I would cross out middle aged too and replace it with beautiful. What a great picture.