Saturday, 4 July 2026

Stencils at Allsorts

At Allsorts Challenge this time Donna has chosen Stencils as the optional theme,

anything goes also welcome.

I forget how useful stencils can be and although I don't have that many in my stash, I usually ink them for a background. On this occasion I got out a water colour pad and decided to pain the stencil for change. This one was free with a magazine.

 


Once I had dry brushed the colour in I splattered with gold water colour paint and added a stamped message, also a magazine freebie. I intend to do more painting in my book. Watch this space!!


                        Two winners will each receive three random stencils/sets from those above.

Many thanks for visiting today xx

18 comments:

Julie B said...

I have that same stencil and I have yet to use it! May have to rescue it from Mt. Nebus after seeing your pretty bloom Sarah. :)

brenda said...

Gorgeous Sunflower Sarah and the spatters really add interest without overshadowing. Keep cool, the boys and girls had a hose down this week and for the first time in 20 years Heskey stood still without fidgeting and actually enjoyed it.

B x

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Sarah. The stencilling makes a lovely focal point.
Liz xx

Linby said...

Lovely CAS stencilling. It's so bright and colourful.

Gail L said...

Effective painting, and the sentiment is perfect!

meg said...

Lovely bright summer colours Sarah

Lynne said...

Very artistic looking Sarah, a lovely stencil.

Aquarius said...

Love the sunny appearance of this colourful stencilled flower

Ellibelle said...

This turned out so beautifully, love the watercolor look! I need to be more creative with my stencils!

Donna said...

Beautiful design with your stenciling with paints!

Chrissy said...

What a lovely stencil Sarah and love the colour variation and of course the splatters..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Jules said...

Hi Sarah
What a lovely project for your inspiration book. Love the gold splatters .. .. .. something I hardly ever do. Must try it more. Thank you for the reminder.
Hope you are having a lovely weekend.
Love Jules xoxo

Sarn said...

Love this stencilled card. Good idea to use watercolour paper to paint through the stencil xxx

Craftyfield said...

I love the watercolour effect of your stencilling, Sarah! x

EmmaT said...

Very pretty and summery, yes i think we often use stencils in the background now that we forget to use them as the main focus

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Stencils really are a workhorse in our crafty stash so many uses. Great use of the freebie and a watercolour journal is a great place to experiment with a multitude of mediums. Pretty design.
Happy creative July Tracey x

Lena said...

Simple and beautiful. I have a box filled with stencils that I never use. Thanks for the inspiration my friend. I think I'll look thru my box and find one or two to create something pretty with :-)
Hugs,
Lena

Brenda said...

You killed this challenge, Sarah! Love that you used the paint, something I have never done, hmmmm. Thanks for the inspiration!