Hello all.
Its time for our new challenge at
We would love to see your Favourite Halloween Colours ( and remember to tell us why)
We have never done Halloween in our house, not even when the boys were small, it really wasn't a big thing back then!! Our Grandchildren, however, are full of it. How things change in a generation.
Anyway, I have made an October notebook and decorated it with halloween inspired coloured buttons.
I cut and stapled some lined paper from an old exercise book and made a tent fold cover for it. Drew a circle on a slime coloured piece of cardstock and then had a lovely time rifling through my buttons. I did think about threading them (for about a second!) and then decided to use a thin Posca pen to draw thread, a much quicker and quite effective result, I thought! As luck should have it I found a set of magazine freebie stamps that are suited to calendars and journals. They were perfect for this project, if a little squidgy!
That's all for today. I shall see you again on Saturday.
Until then, take care x


7 comments:
You're so right about Halloween, we saw it on TV, but never in the home. However, your Halloween card is so perfect, with great buttons and the Posca pen? A clever touch. x
I love this. Great use of the Posca pen and I love the little dragonfly.
Ooh love, love, love your button wreath, Sarah! 💗
Cute Halloween card, great idea to make a button wreath!
What a great take on the challenge (and a great way to use up those buttons)!
Fabulous notebook and use of the buttons. I often wonder who decided that green, orange and purple were halloween colours?
We never did halloween as it is these days but it was an important time of year in our family as one half it is 'all souls day' and the other were very much at one with nature and celtic rituals of the season. Going back it is a very old celebration which has like all been taken to extreme's in the modern world like Christmas and Easter and a form of escapism from the drudge of modern daily life.
We didn't really do Halloween in South Africa. Then I moved here, and let me tell you that my mouth dropped wide open - it's a big thing here in the US. Then it was a matter of deciding which streets to avoid. A few people do the gruesome kind of Halloween decorating that left my kids sleepless :-) I have totally joined this holiday, but my Halloween decorations are all on the side of cute instead of gore. My pool little granddaughter would not visit otherwise :-) I love the buttons on your journal. I especially love the little dragon fly. It's just the perfect finishing touch! xx
Post a Comment