Thursday 17 February 2022

AYLI - Favourite Occasion

 Hello again everyone. I hope this week has been kind to you, that you have stayed well and that you are looking forward to the weekend. 

We have another challenge for you at 



What's your Favourite Occasion to make a card for?  Just remember to tell us why and, this time, you are in with a chance of winning a mahoosive amount of ribbon!!

Christmas makes me warm and tingly so it was a no brainer for me. 


So, there I was rifling through my Christmas basket, looking for a particular sentiment stamp actually, when I came across my wonderful Stampendous Snowy Postcard stamp. It hadn't seen ink since goodness knows when. Anyway I rectified that and used Walnut Stain Distress ink on top of some Maja Design paper. Then stamped again and cut out the oval and glue gelled it on top. I painted the holly too and then used a wink of stella brush for a bit of shimmer. Added lots of Stardust Stickles, sentiment and ribbon. It looked a bit flat so I had another rummage and found this board lamp post which was just the thing to finish it off. 

Thank you for your visit, always much appreciated xx




20 comments:

Julie B said...

Love the stamp on DP Sara, gives it a lovely warm texture without overpowering it. The lamppost was an inspired find.
Survived Dudley but not looking forward to Eunice's visit. Supposed to be getting my hair cut tomorrow! Stay safe. :)

meg said...

A stunning vintage card with beautiful embellishments

aussie aNNie said...

wow Sarah, brilliant card and fabulous stamping x

Elaine Stark said...

A beautiful vintage card. Elaine

brenda said...

This looks just lovely Sarah, I have that stamp but it's never looked this good, the ribbon and die really do give it something extra.

B x

Jenny L said...

Hi Sarah,
such a wonderful stamped design and that stamp is gorgeous too.
Love your fabulous idea to re stamp and cut it out with an oval die.
Great vinatge design and wonderful colours used.
Love the MSF Lampost it finishes it all off perfectly.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous vintage style card Sarah, love the lamp post and gingham ribbon..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Sarah such a wonderful vintage look hugs Sue x

Carol S. said...

Love the vintage feel with the scene Sarah. A beautiful card. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

Claire said...

I want to be there with the stockings hung and a roaring fire, it looks idyllic. I love the ephemera feel you've given it by stamping in brown, lovely inspiration x

Lynne said...

A fabulous vintage style Sarah. I didn't realise it was on DP until you said. Love the gingham ribbon too x

Lynne in NI said...

Oh wow, I LOVE this Sarah, what a gorgeous stamp! Your lamppost and ribbon finish it perfectly!

Lisa xx said...

Oooh this is gorgeous!! Different style from you, but definitely has the warm, fuzzy Christmas feel about it xx

Pat said...

Beautiful card Sarah, I love this stamp I’ve had it for many a year but like you haven’t used it in ages maybe it’s time for an airing. Have a good weekend.

Pat xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a stunning card Sarah, I love the rustic colours and your chipboard lamp post is the perfect finishing touch. This stamp is my all time favourite for Christmas cards, this is how Christmas should look every year.
Lorraine

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Beautiful card Sarah. x

SarahR said...

Hello Sarah, oh now that is just a wonderful card! I love the soft tones but then the snap of red with the ribbon and you're right the lamppost finishes it off perfectly.

Sarah

Lena said...

This is gorgeous. I have this stamp and it hasn't seen any ink in so long ... I'm not even sure where it is, but after such beautiful inspiration, I need to go dig it up. Beautifully done, Sarah. Yes, for me too. Christmas is definitaly the most wonderful time of the year! :-) I just everything about it!
Have a lovely day.
Lena xx

Brenda said...

Sarah, this is absolutely beautiful! I love the that the design paper looks to be part of the design and that chipboard lamp is perfect. Brillant!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

I LOVE this Sarah! I have this stamp but it's never seen ink! I really need to use it next Christmas, it's so lovely! I really love the vintage feel you've achieved here. Gorgeous hun! Hugs, Wends xoxo