Thursday 3 February 2022

True Love or Fabulous Friendships

 Hello everyone. So January has been and gone and lovely February is upon us and my promise to craft more has well and truly gone by the wayside. I don't generally ride very much in the winter when it is wet, cold and dark but it's been so lovely and dry that I haven't really stopped. Saying that we are sure to get some nasty weather sooner or later. 

Anyway, I did find the time to make the card I am sharing today. It's my DT piece for

As You Like It Challenge

where we are full of love with our theme of True Love or Fabulous Friendships.

I love receiving a nice envelope through the door so spread the love by sending thinking of you cards to friends that I've not seen for a while. This is one such card that I recently made. She has a labrador so the die cut shape is perfect I think,


I started with a snippet of black Foundations card that I trimmed to fit the 4 x6 card base and then cut the aperture. The die is from Crafters Companion and all I did was backed it with some Doodlebug Designs paper and added a green ribbon. My trusty Mama Elephant sentiment and tag die set came up trumps again to finish it off.

It would be lovely to see your makes over at the challenge blog.

Thank you for dropping in and I hope you stay well. See you soon xx

Some Challenges

Snippets Playground #420 -Rubys Memory

27 comments:

meg said...

A brilliant CAS card Sarah,the silhouette of the lab is beautiful

Lynne said...

A fabulous card for your friend Sarah and the black looks so dramatic against the pretty paper x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a cute card and a thoughtful one too

Julie B said...

Super make for a dog loving friend Sarah.
I was only remarking to the OH this morning how dry and mild it has been. Good job too with that pesky ram lamb putting it about last summer! We have 11 ewes and lambs here behind the house, so have been hoping they will have become hardened off before the worst of the weather hits. Still it has been known to snow at Easter!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

That's a beautiful card Sarah, I love to see silhouettes My neighbour always jokes that she never sees me through the winter as I'm not a fan of being out in the cold. The weather seems to be getting a little milder though, so Spring is definitely on it's way x

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Mooie kaart
Groetjes gerrie

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Mooie kaart
Groetjes Gerrie

Jenny L said...

Hi Sarah,
what a great idea to send the lovely cards to friends and especially when they include their pets or such.
Love youe wonderful card and the design is fantastic.
A great colourful heart on this as well.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Carol S. said...

A gorgeous CAS card Sarah. That dog die cut is brilliant and the background is perfect. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

Elaine Stark said...

Beautiful. Love the CAS style and pretty paper background. Elaine

brenda said...

Beautifully crafted Sarah, that die cut is lovely, might need it I am thinking.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely card design and such a thoughtful way to keep in touch and support friends especially in these times.
Lorraine

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Sarah I love it! hugs Sue x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Stunning card Sarah. Love Alison x

Lorraine said...

A brilliant design Sarah - love the paper and the lovely silhouette.
Lorraine x

Sarn said...

A really nice snippets card.

It’s nice and toasty up in the Playground treehouse. Come and find a comfy chair, put your feet up and have a nice cup of hot chocolate! Xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning design, gorgeous colours. xx

Pat said...

Such a beautiful card Sarah I’m sure your friend was thrilled to receive this. Have a good weekend.

Pat xx

Snippets Playground said...

This is a lovely card using your snippets.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Darnell said...

Love, love, love this, Sarah. It really popped in my Bloglovin reader! I'm glad to see it is just a sweet hello/Valentine because it would also be a lovely poignant sympathy card design for the loss of a pet. Enjoy your rides while you can! Hugs, Darnell

Jane Savage said...

Such a super striking card, Sarah! Wowsers! x

Di said...

What a beautiful card Sarah - perfect, as others have said, for a sympathy card following the loss of a much loved pet. So eye catching as well!

Hugs

Di xx

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Sarah, I love the design and the silhouette with the dog, just gorgeous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Wendy said...

Gorgeous thoughtful card, love the lab x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a striking and fabulous card Sarah! Really gorgeous hun. Glad to hear the weather has been good and you've been able to get a bit more riding in. I so love the idea of that. Your world sounds so idyllic! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Lena said...

I'm sure your friend is going to love this card and treasure it. Your card is beautiful as is your sweet gesture. Enjoy your day!
Lena xx

Brenda said...

This is such a wonderful card. I love the contrast of the beautiful silhouette on the bright flowers.