Thursday 27 October 2022

Christmas Animal at AYLI

 Nearly the weekend and I am looking forward to it. The weather has been rubbish and I've had a stinking cold (not covid!!) that has left me with an irritating dry cough. Anyway less of my moans!! I am actually here to share my latest inspiration for the new challenge at


The theme is favourite Christmas Image or Animal. 

Well I love to see a bear on a Christmas card and had two favourites in mind, good old James from LOTV or Barry from The Stamp Fairy. Well, on this occasion Barry won and it was a treat to trawl through my old digi folders to choose one of my many Barry images.

Here he is...


I coloured him with Promarkers and glittered the little stars. I had a bit of an issue recently with a few items jumping into my basket over at Craft Stash!! The layered hexagon base was made using these, they cut brilliantly and honestly, the largest one is HUGE, great value for money too. 

I will love you and leave you now and hope that you will join us.

Thank you for your continued support and visits xx

17 comments:

meg said...

Your new dies are brilliant Sarah I can understand why they jumped into your basket. Barry is fantastic, love the image and your colouring

Julie B said...

Loving the deckle edged hexagons Sarah, can see why they fell into your basket! OH mentioned a craft shop near the garage where he has to take the car and it turned out to be Lavinia Stamps, he said he'd pop in but I said I might have to make sure myself!! :)

Lynne said...

Bears are very popular today :). This is a lovely card Sarah. The red and gold are so rich looking and a great shape too x

brenda said...

I know so many who have the cold/cough lately and seems hard to shake off, hope your soon on the mend. Love the shape of today's card with the cute bear focally.

B x

Elaine Stark said...

Fab shape and so cute. Elaine

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Sarah totally loving Barry! those hexagon dies are fab as well lovely just lovely card hugs Sue x

Whisper said...

Oooo what a great image of Barry and layout too, hope you feel better soon, Luv Sam x

Chrissy said...

Aww, sweet Barry, great minds think alike, I love this image too Sarah, fabulous colouring and love your card design..hope you feel better soon, when you have that dry cough, makes you want to swallow a jar of vaseline to lube up your throat dosen't it, and people give you such a stare if you go out and a cough sneaks out..take care..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Jane Savage said...

Why do I not have this die set?!! Aaah! 😲
What a stunner of a card, Sarah! Hope you get over your cough soon! xx

Pat said...

Lovely card Sarah, cute image and great design. Sounds like the same cold we have had both been left with a dry cough, glad you are getting better though. Have a good weekend.

Pat xx

aussie aNNie said...

This is so beautiful, lovely delightful colours and design x

Inkyfingers said...

I love the unusual shape on this lovely card, Sarah, and Barry is looking very cute with his garland of stars. The large star embellishment is a fabulous finishing touch.
Hope you are well,
Hugs
Carol x

Brenda said...

I love the shape and the gorgeous colors and it just makes me so sad that Barry is not still available. Sorry about your jumping issues, I rather think it was a good thing. Beautiful card, Sarah!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fab card shape using these new dies Sarah and lovely cute image too.
Sorry I've been a bit MIA, things have been rather hectic and no time for commenting, with the run up to Christmas and crafts fairs booked I not sure which way to turn at the moment.
Lorraine

Lynne in NI said...

Aww what a cutie Sarah, not surprised he's one of your faves! LOVE your hexagon base.
Hope you're feeling better soon, there are definitely a lot of bugs doing the rounds at the minute.

Pat K said...

Great hexagon shape card using this cute image Sarah. Beautiful card. xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

You're making me want to spend money again! Those dies are gorgeous and look fabulous in the layered gold and deep red, beautiful combo! Lovely to see a Stamp Fairy image out for a play too. Fantastic card hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo