Thursday 13 October 2022

Traditional or Modern Christmas

 Well autumn has finally arrived here in Dorset. We've had frosty, cold and crisp days and also  warm and blustery wet days. The Summer clothes have been packed away and my Christmas Shopping list has one or two gifts ticked off already. Once again I am trying really hard to buy local, at the very least within Dorset and so far, so good!

On the subject of Christmas over at


we are itching to see your Traditional or Modern Christmas cards, with an explanation too.

My blogging buddies will know that I love nothing more than a cute image, bright colours and some snazzy paper so it's a Modern type card from me, featuring the aforementioned.


It's a dinky 4x4 card base, covered in a Doodlebug Design scrap. The penguin is part of an MFT set, Sweet Holiday Penguins , as is the sentiment that was stamped on to a Lawn Fawn, Wavy Banners. Oh and the penguin was coloured with Promarkers.

Lovely to have your company here today. Keep well everyone and stay safe, in our part of the country the Covid cases are rising steeply again.

See you soon xx


14 comments:

Julie B said...

I love that set of penguins and so far I have resisted purchasing it! It looks fab match with the scrap of DP.
There was a layer of mist in the bottoms this morning but some heat still in the sun so it had burnt off by the time I was out with the dog. Well done for getting your Christmas list started, I'm still struggling with October birthdays! :)

meg said...

Your penguin and paper are both adorable Sarah, I love cute in at like this one but with no little ones to cater for rarely get the chance to use them

brenda said...

A really colourful and fun card Sarah.

Like the idea of buying local, recall you doing this before, not sure what we have on offer around here, expensive hay and a gin distillery, might be the better bet of the two!

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

So cute! I love cute images and cards too. Fabulous paper and this sweet little card will bring a smile to the recipients face I'm sure.
Lorraine

Chrissy said...

Adorable card Sarah, love that cute, sweet penguin and fabulous colourful papers, gorgeous card..take care and stay safe...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Elaine Stark said...

A very jolly card. Elaine

Lena said...

OMGoodness, your sweet and delicious paper is just perfect for this cute little penguin. You stay safe too. I think it's the time of year when colds and flus are out and now we have Covid to deal with too. We have a tummy bug doing it's rounds in the schools on my neck of the woods too, at the moment. Hopefully it will all settle down soon again.
Hugs,
Lena

Jane Savage said...

Oooh that paper is glorious and that little penguin so cute.
Well done for starting on your Christmas list...I don't even have a list yet!!

Inkyfingers said...

What a cheery contemporary Christmas card and I love that cute little penguin. The background paper certainly is snazzy!

Hope you are well and have a good weekend.
Take care,
Carol x

Pat said...

Beautiful modern Christmas card Sarah, great paper and cute penguin. Enjoy the weekend.

Pat xx

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh so cute and fab snazzy DP too! Hats and scarves on here today.

aussie aNNie said...

Great colour combo and love the brilliant post..x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Aww, I LOVE this sweet image, I know I have it somewhere, must fish out that set! So nice to see stamps you love coloured up and be reminded to use them. Awesome creation and inspiration hun, love the paper too. So fab. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Brenda said...

I love this bright, cheerful card. Iʻm with you on the cute images, papers like this are just so perfect for them.