Thursday 9 March 2023

Favourite Easter Critter

 I hope the week has been good to you so far. We had snow yesterday!! I know, at my age, I really shouldn't be excited by snow but I can't help it!! Sadly though the rain came just as quickly and washed it away so I suspect that's it for the year.

Any way, I'm not really here with a weather report!! The new challenge at As You Like It starts today and we would love to see your favourite Easter critters.

I have gone with a rabbit, although I don't usually send Easter cards so improvised and made a Birthday card instead. My Sister and I always had rabbits when we were small and the boys had rabbits when they were younger too. 


The whole card was made using stamps from a set that was a Christmas gift, so absolutely perfect for a first inking. Both bunny and carrots were coloured with Promarkers.



You can just about see here that the carrots have a lovely glaze, by way of glossy accents. 

Thank you for dropping by today. Your company is always much appreciated.

See you on Saturday xx


 

12 comments:

Julie B said...

What a great bunny card Sarah, love those glossy carrots. Snowing steadily here, lost one lamb overnight :(. Fingers crossed the others are OK!

brenda said...

We had a forecast for heavy rain, by ten pm it was white and yes I had to get up and take a peek when hubby told me. And it's still going but slushy.

A fun Bunny card, he'll be doing well to get through all those carrots.

B x

Lynne said...

A fab cute card Sarah and love your little bunny x

Pat said...

Love your cute rabbit Sarah and great background with the carrots. Snowing here at the moment.

Pat xx

meg said...

A fabulous make Sarah,love the stamped images,as you say not just for Easter either

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fabulous design Sarah using those lovely carrots for your background, a super card.
Lorraine

Chrissy said...

So cute and fun Sarah love all the bite marks in the glossy carrots and the Hoppy birthday sentiment..

luv CHRISSYxx

Elaine Stark said...

This is fun. I love the cute bunny. Elaine

Liz said...

Great card, Sarah. The rabbit is so cute and I love how you’ve added glossy accents to the carrots.
The snow we had yesterday was gone by lunchtime today. Just cold and wet today. xx

Lena said...

Adorable card, Sarah. That bunny is just too cute and with so many delicious carrots to choose from! :-) Love the background you created with the carrots with glassy accents. Nicely done, my friend.
Hugs,
Lena

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card, love it! Great colours and gorgeous design as well x

Brenda said...

Well, this is the cutest bunny! Love your beautifully stamped and colored card, Sarah. I love bunnies too.