Saturday 29 July 2023

Anything but square

 Happy Saturday crafters and I hope this weekend is a good one for you. I am sending a hug to anyone that's in need of one.

So back to the business of Saturday and a new challenge over at Allsorts. It's a two week challenge this time so we are planning to make good use of the time by sitting in the sunshine drinking Pimms  or any other tipple that takes our fancy!!(who am I kidding?! We are in the UK!!)

The theme to tempt you is Anything but Square or you can opt for Anything Goes if you prefer.

Here is my card to inspire


It's been a while since I used a Tracey Hey product so I decided to go the whole hog and use one of her pretty paper pads - Rainbows Rule Again as well as a stamp. The adorable rhino and sentiment are from the Rhino Rascals set, which includes some really lovely words and messages. I coloured the image with Promarkers and fussy cut to sit on the paper, which looks like I stamped it but didn't!!

I really enjoyed making this card, another tick in the box for using supplies haven't seen the light of day for some time!!

See you soon xx


24 comments:

brenda said...

And what great use you made of those neglected goodies Sarah, it's a really sweet card.

B x

Julie B said...

Love the cute rhino and the DP looks just like you'd stencilled it! Fab card Sarah. :)

Linby said...

This is so cute and a lovely delicate background.

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh that image is too cute and the lacy circle card is perfect for it too.

Mervi said...

Sweet and lovely card;-))m

meg said...

A beautiful circular card with an adorable hippo and paper

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Sarah. Cute image and I love the decorative edging on the circle. xx

Sarn said...

Just shows Rhino's CAN be cute! Lovely colourful and shaped card xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Such a pretty and very cute card Sarah. Love the fancy circle die cuts for the layers, these are beautiful.
Lorraine

Dena J said...

Darling circle card, Sarah! What a sweet little hippo.

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh what a cutie Sarah, and I love the shape too! I haven't used my Tracey Hey stamps for ages either. BTW that font in my cards is a really old My Favorite Things alpha set 😁

Darnell said...

What a fun and cheery card of encouragement, Sarah! I love the layered circles and fancy borders and the rainbow colors are perfect in pastels! Hugs, Darnell

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

So sweet and such a pretty frame too x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Sarah, love the cute stamp, and the backing paper is so pretty.
Lorraine x

Pat said...

Really pretty card Sarah, love your sweet rhino and gorgeous circular card with the lovely lace edging.

Pat xx

Ellibelle said...

This is so very cute!!

Sue said...

Oh I love that Tracey Hay stamp! it's so cute..and your right about the weather getting a bit fed up of rain at the minute..hugs x

Jane Savage said...

So very pretty! Those colours are simply yummy! xx

Chrissy said...

So very sweet is this little Rhino Sarah and love the papers and pretty colours, gorgeous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely precious card Sarah, too cute for words x

Brenda said...

Sarah, he is so cute and those dies are beautiful. Love your round card.

Carol L said...

This is just precious with those colorful little flowers stamped around this cute image! Love the round die cuts!

Annette said...

This is adorable Sarah. I love that Tracy Hey stamp and I have that circle die so it's reminded me to dig it out and use it. It's gorgeous.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Super cute! Such a sweet image and lovely card. The lacy layers are so pretty! Hugs, Wends xoxo