Thursday 13 July 2023

AYLI Beach holiday or not?

 We have a lovely theme for you at


Beach holiday or not?

When my Sister and I were children we were fortunate enough to spend most weekends and all of the Summer holidays at West Bay where Mum and Dad had a static caravan. We got to know the local beaches very well and have some very happy memories too. Once I became a farmers Wife things like milking, silage making and combining meant the seaside visits were put on hold for a year or two!! We are making up for it now though and enjoy the Dorset coastline whenever we can.


My card today was made using an old Little Claire stamp set. The sea is a little piece of paper from the Doodlebug Design, Sunkissed, pad that I still had on my desk from a previous make. I used my Promarkers to colour the image and the sky.

I hope you will find some time to join in.

See you soon xx


11 comments:

brenda said...

A very peaceful scene Sarah and you live in a beautiful part of the Country. I do like a jaunt by the sea, but call me odd as given the choice it's the farm for me.

B x

Julie B said...

Your DP is [perfect for the waves on the sea Sarah!:)

meg said...

You chose a brilliant paper for the sea and beautiful stamps for a seaside scene

Sue said...

This is really gorgeous Sarah..we are lucky really we live in beautiful countryside but then we are 30 minutes from the seaside..Ollie loves to go in the sea lol hugs x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A fabulous card Sarah. I have lovely memories of visiting my Aunt every year in Dorset and visiting the beaches of the area. It's good to remember the happy times isn't it x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

The perfect paper for your seaside scene Sarah. A lovely card.
Lorraine

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous seaside card Sarah, love the paper waves and the boats with lighthouse, fabulous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa said...

Love light house images. They remind me of my grandma. She loved light houses so much she requested to be buried by one in Michigan. Super cute card.

Linby said...

Love how you used the paper for the waves, it looks brilliant.

Elaine Stark said...

A super scene, I love the paper you used it has a fab effect. Elaine

Brenda said...

This is such a relaxing little scene, which is exactly why I love the beach. Gorgeous card, Sarah.