Monday 27 May 2024

Blue and White

Another Monday rolls around and a little bit closer to Christmas!!

There's bags of time to make your cards but if you want to get ahead of the game we have a new challenge starting at



the theme is Blue and White.

I made a sweet pair of cards using a Crafters Companion die set to make the penguin and a lovely background stamp from Hunky Dory. I heat embossed the background in white and used mica pearls wash over the top then rubbed it back with a soft cloth so that the embossed detail would show through.



Here is an angled close up so that you can see the sheen.




Thank you for stopping by and I hope the coming week is kind to you xx




 

10 comments:

Julie B said...

Loving your text background Sarah and of course the cute penguin! :)

meg said...

Adorable diecut penguins and a beautiful stamped background

brenda said...

As you say, another Monday, bank holiday at that and yet again rain! That said it was a lovely day for the Herts show Saturday, lots of equine activity.

Two pretty seasonal card in shades of blue.

B x

coldwaters2 said...

What cute little Penguins Sarah I love them I also love that fabulous background two super makes
hugs
lolo x

Sue said...

Sorry Sarah but I'm playing catch up been busy with the new Grandson lol your cards are gorgeous as always hugs Sue xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Lovely embossing on the background layer for these cute little penguins, two fabulous Christmas cards. I am feeling a little panicky as I haven't made a Christmas card yet, very unusual for me I'm normally well ahead by now. Well done for making a start on those festive makes.
Lorraine

aussie aNNie said...

So Pretty! I like these colors and the card design! Sorry for lack of visits but trying to de clutter and prep for our move in a few months time xx

Pat said...

Two lovely cards Sarah, cute penguin image.

Pat xx

Lena said...

I love you saying "bags of time" to get your Christmas cards done. Somehow, I always have a mad dash in December. Do you know that there are 207 days till Christmas? Before you know, it's here and I'm scrambling around for those last minute cards. I get very distracted in the Fall, here in the US, with Halloween and Thanksgiving. I make a number of cards for these two holidays so Christmas takes a back seat then :-)
Anyway, now that I've rambled enough, let me tell you that I love your cards. The paper is gorgeous and the lil guy is too cute!
Have a wonderful day.
❤Lena

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh those backgrounds are beautiful! What a wonderful stamp!! The mica pearls do give the prettiest shine too. So lovely hun, great setting for your cute penguin! Hugs, Wends xoxo