Thursday 23 February 2023

Holly and Berries Stencil - AYLI

 Happy Thursday everyone. I hope that you have had a good week and have something nice planned for the weekend. I am really enjoying my papercrafting again and feel so much more inspired as the daylight is stretching out bit by bit.

That said, the new challenge at


inspired me to try a technique that, although I am well eqipped for, never actually do and that is stencilling. I am probably not alone when I say this, I do have stencils in my crafty arsenal but just don't ever get the inspiration to use them so this theme was a kick up the butt!! On closer inspection I have rather more than I thought but played safe with an Echo Park Holly and Berries 6x6 festive stencil. Once I got going it was actually a lot of fun and I was really pleased with the result!!


I already had the LOTV stamped image coloured up with Promarkers and the little holly and berries prompted me to choose the stencil that I did. I remembered that I had a chalk set that came with a long handled crocodile clip and dinky cotton balls that were perfect for keeping "in the lines". I don't have an extensive collection of Distress inks but two reds and two greens were just right for the soft look I was after. I used a bit of white pen as highlights on some of the berries and squirted some with glossy accents too. The Mama Elephant sentiment finished it off nicely.

I do hope that I have given you some inspiration to do a bit of stencilling, if not, the alternative is a Freestyle background which would be equally welcome.

Sorry, not sorry, for sharing a Christmas card!! There will be another coming along soon too!!

See you soon xx


16 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful Christmas card, Sarah. The image is so cute and I love the delicate stencilling. xx

Julie B said...

I remember those crocodile clips and cotton wool balls Sarah, certainly a blast from the past! Didn't the chalks come in a metal tin?
Your soft stencilling is a fab backdrop for that cute reindeer. :)

meg said...

Your stencilled background and stamp complement each other perfectly Sarah,a gorgeous card I never get fed up seeing Christmas cards.Meg x

brenda said...

It's adorable Sarah and you are so right what you say about stencils, some people seem to be intimidated by them but they are such a great addition to crafty arsenals.

B x

Pat K said...

Aw this is adorable Sara. Well done on the stenciling, it looks very pretty. I have a collection of stencils but never seem to pull then out. Thank you for your kind words on my blog. xx

Jane Savage said...

Love, love, love it and the stencilling looks fab! I do love me a stencil! xx

Pat said...

Lovelycheery Christmas card Sarah, cute image and great background. I am not into stencilling though I do buy stencils that I never use!!!!! really must do better and have a go.

Pat xx

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Sarah and I love the stencil of berries and love the soft and brighter reds and the white highlights always give things a zoom. The little reindeer is adorable, gorgeous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Darnell said...

Haha, love the "sorry, not sorry," Sarah! We are going to be happy we made them this early when December rolls around and I sure love this holly-stenciled card with the cutie-pie reindeer taking center stage! And I love the scalloped edge!

I am like you with the stencils. They seemed all the rage a year ago (maybe two now? who can remember?) and I got several, made cute binders for them, look at them on my desk every.single.day and totally ignore them. Blech! Too much sctuff, too few hours in the day! Hugs, Darnell

Lena said...

OMGoodness, how cute is this! Love lil Rudolph. He's just adorable. Your background is just perfectly stencilled to showcase your image. Beautifully done, Sarah.
Enjoy your weekend.
Big hugs,
Lena

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

I adore the soft effect you got with your stencilling Sarah, this looks amazing! I was encouraged to come and join the challenge having just used a stencil on my latest make too! I love that it's a Christmas card too, I need all the encouragement I can get to make mine earlier! Have a lovely weekend hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Sarah. I love the cute stamp and the background shows off Rudolf in his wreath perfectly.
Lorraine x

Elaine Stark said...

Beautiful and cute. Like you I don't use stencils enough and I have a few. Elaine

Debbie said...

What a beauty. I am loving your stencilled background. Great colours and that reindeer is so cute. So pleased you’re feeling better after having covid. Take care. Hugs xx

Lynne said...

A super cute card Sarah. Your soft stencilling is so pretty and I love those LOTV images - every time I see one on a card I want them, but I am being very good at resisting at the moment as I have way too much stuff! x

Brenda said...

Sarah, you have inspired me indeed! I havenʻt stenciled with chalk in ages and you have reminded me of how much I love the soft look it gives. What a sweet card! Thanks!