Thursday 9 February 2023

Love or Friendship


We are feeling all warm and fuzzy over at As You Like It.

Our new challenge is Love or Friendship
 so we would love to see a card that falls into one of those categories.

I have gone for a friendship card because what is nicer than receiving a "Thinking of You" card or as in this case a invite for a Coffee Date. It was made using a very old Maja Designs paper pack (Coffee in the Arbour) and an equally old rubber stamp from LOTV Coffee Break (still available as a digi).


The little cuties were coloured with Promarkers and while the pretty die was still in place I inked the aperture with Spun Sugar DI. The little tag was also from the paper pack.

While I am here feeling sorry for myself I will have a little chat!!

Despite my best efforts Coronavirus has finally got me. It started with a tickly throat last Friday and I tested positive yesterday morning so am not allowed back to work until next Monday and that's only if I have two negative tests beforehand. I consider myself very lucky to only have an irritating cough. 

More annoying than that is the fact that I cannot go and cuddle our new Grandson who put in an early appearance last Saturday. Mollie Rose is now a Big Sister to Jackson Martin who arrived two weeks early. She is taking the role very seriously at the grand old age of six!! Can't wait to have a ciddle with them both. 

I hope that you are all keeping well and happy and hope you will join us with our latest challenge.

See you soon xx

15 comments:

Julie B said...

Oh no!! Sorry to hear you've caught the dreaded 'rona, hope you recover quickly and can get some cuddles in asap, congratulations on your new Grandson. You've reminded me that I haven't inked up those two besties for quite some time! :)

Lynne said...

A lovely card Sarah and very apt matching papers. Sorry to hear you have the Virus, you have done well not to have had it before now. Congrats on your new arrival in the family too. I'm sure Millie Rose will be a big help to her Mum x

brenda said...

OH no Sarah, bad luck but pleased it's not too aggressive with you but bad timing with the new little one arriving - congratulations. Pretty card as well.

B x

meg said...

Hope you are well enough to cuddle Jackson Martin and Mollie Rose soon Sarah,congratulations to you on the birth of your grandson. A gorgeous card featuring a beautifully coloured image and papers

Elaine Stark said...

I love LOTV images, the are so adorable. Elaine

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Congratulations on the birth of your new grandson but I'm so sorry that you have succumbed to this awful virus. Perhaps it will be over quickly and you can spend some time with family soon - I hope so.
A beautiful card, I love the muted colours and pretty layers.
Lorraine

Lena said...

I'm so sorry that you've caught this nasty virus. I hope you recover quickly. Congratulations on your new grandson! Another precious bundle of joy to grace your family.
Your card is absolutely beautiful! I love everything about it, from the sweet image to the beautiful papers you used and the card design to showcase it all.
I'm sorry I haven't been around much, or at all. These last couple of months have been no fun with just different kind of virus that I've managed to pick up and with my grandson breaking his arm again! I told my daughter to get him a bubble suit. Of course he would have to sit still for a few minutes to have it wrapped around him and that would never happen. He's such an active and fearless little rascal :-) Sweet as can be though!
Well, my friend take care of yourself and rest while you recover.
Big hugs,
Lena

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Sarah, I love this sweet image and fabulous colouring, I love the papers too with the little teapots, so cute, fabulous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Pat K said...

Oh Sarah..so sorry to hear you are down with the evil virus and worst of all that you are missing your new little Grandson. Congratulations on being a Grandma again. Hope you feel better soon. Gorgeous card with such a sweet image, coloured so beautifully. xx

Pat said...

Super card Sarah, always love this image. So sorry to hear you have covid, but glad your are not feeling too bad. Congratulations on a new grandson, hope you get to cuddle him soon.

Pat xx

Lynne in NI said...

Awww Sarah that's just rubbish timing :( Hope you're on the mend soon and that your quarantine goes quickly. It will be no time before you get your cuddles! Gorgeous card by the way, who wouldn't like to get this through the post especially with an invitation for coffee!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Such a pretty card Sarah and the colours work really well together x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Sarah your card is gorgeous! LOVE the Maja design paper and the sweet LOTV image is still a favourite of mine too! Love the sweet scalloped frame and your soft inking of the edges, beautifully done! So sorry to hear you've got Covid! The timing is rotten for you, but what beautiful news of your wee Grandsons arrival! I'll bet Mollie Rose is being the most doting big sis' ever! Hope your Covid symptoms remain mild and you're ready for cuddles very soon. Hang in there hun! Big hugs, Wends xoxo

Jane Savage said...

Beautiful card, Sarah! Take care of yourself and many congratulations to you Grandma! 😊🍼xx

Brenda said...

Oh, Sarah, Iʻm so sorry for your illness. I hope your recover soon so you can see your sweet ones. As for your card, itʻs gorgeous. I love your light inking of the die. This is one of my favorite LOTV images. Take care!