Saturday 22 April 2023

Allsorts - For the Love of Animals

Saturday again and I am here with my inspiration for


We are Anything Goes but the optional theme is 

For the Love of Animals, one that is right up my street!!

The Sponsors for this months' winners are




I love all animals with, perhaps, the exception of spiders so making a decision about what to feature on my card was tricky!! In the end  I went for a red rubber Cuddly Buddly pony stamp and coloured it with Promarkers. The papers are from a very, very old DoCrafts Forever Friends, Kraft Notes pad. I created a rosette effect with Dies from Tonic Studios.



This was the first horse stamp that I bought, way back when, at the start of my crafting journey  and I have always coloured it like my Darling Surprise who crossed the rainbow bridge last year. 

 Here we are...about fifteen years ago, my favourite picture of us and how I remember her.



This cheeky boy makes me smile every day though and is doing a grand job of filling the void


and I musn't forget  Bowie (right) and Bumble (left) our lovely Sprollie twins!!






If you are still with me Thank you for your visit today and I very much hope you will take inspiration and join us at Allsorts with your animal creations.

Have a lovely weekend and see you soon  xx





15 comments:

brenda said...

Now I wonder why I anticipated a Horse image today Sarah, was just a hunch! Of course I love it and the photos of your four legged family, they make life complete.

B x

Liz said...

Super card Sarah, such a sweet image. Thanks for sharing the photos of your pets. xx

Julie B said...

Could it have been any other animal,such a cute image though and I love the punny sentiment! Not noticed anything different between the oak and ash here, more oak I think if pushed. :)

meg said...

A wonderful stamped image,the pony and owner look happy and contented in each others company,love your choice of colours

Lisa said...

Super cute image and card.

Ellibelle said...

Such a sweet card Sarah, you've colored the image so beautifully! Wonderful photos too, I can see you and Brenda have so much in common :)

Pat K said...

Can't help but smile when seeing this very sweet image. Love the circle frames and pretty plaid as well. Also loved the pictures of your wonderful four legged companions. xx

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous pictures of you riding like the wind and your beautiful horses and dogs and such a gorgeous, sweet image on your card Sarah, fabulous colouring and design.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lynne in NI said...

Aww gorgeous card Sarah, and he does look just like your beautiful Surprise

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautiful card and photo's Sarah. Animals/pets bring such joy to us all.
Lorraine

Linby said...

That's a gorgeous stamp and a lovely reminder of your late horse. I like the country style background and that fab sentiment.
Great pics too.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh how cute is that image?! So 'YOU'!! LOVE the plaid paper and your gorgeous toned mat layers. Gorgeous card hun and lovely to see the pics of your beautiful animals. Will have been a bit sad creating that having recently lost Surprise, but what a lovely reminder of her too! Big hugs, Wends xoxo

Jane Savage said...

Adorable card, loving that image. Gorgeous photos to treasure too! xx

Brenda said...

I love your card and I love this wonderful post. Itʻs so fun that you used one of your first stamps (Iʻve kept the very first one I purchased too) This card just makes me smile!

Lena said...

Beautiful card, Sarah. I love the sweet image you used and how you created a rosette to frame it. Such wonderful photos of treasured memories! Thanks for sharing them with us.
Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs,
Lena