Saturday 15 April 2023

DIY Background

 Last time I was here with an Allsorts DT piece I mentioned how much I was enjoying being part of the team and this optional challenge theme is absolutely why!! 

As much as I love the idea, I rarely get inky so this prompt was the perfect excuse to venture out of my "cute" comfort zone and make this...


I made a plaid background using a very old, but much loved, stamp set, Primitive Angel from Inky Doodles (still available here). I used various types and colours of ink to build it up and, not wanting to cover up my endeavours, simply added some die cut hearts. The little message was also from the Inky Doodles set. 

I do hope that I have inspired you to join in with your handmade backgrounds or you can share an Anything Goes.

I hope you have a lovely weekend. See you soon.

12 comments:

brenda said...

I absolutely love the plaid background you created Sarah and a fav colour palette as well and carrying the colours through to the little hears as well brings it all together.

B x

meg said...

A brilliant plaid background in gorgeous colours,it deserves to be the star of your card

Liz said...

Wonderful card, Sarah. The plaid background is so striking in the beautiful colours you’ve used. xx

Julie B said...

You did a great job getting out of your cute zone here Sarah, didn't realise Inky Doodles were still going, I have a couple of theirs in the stash from way back. They were supposed to be at Port Sunlight one year and were a no show, our class instructor said that the lady died suddenly so assumed they'd folded. Anyway enough sadness, I'm expecting a visit from our now 1yr old granddaughter and her parents this morning and the sun is shining!:)

Lisa said...

Wonderful plaid background and terrific colors.

Ellibelle said...

The plaid looks absolutely beautiful! Love how this turned out!

Mervi said...

Lovely and pretty card;-))m

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a fabulous plaid background and I love your colour choices too. I have a few Inky Doodles stamps from way back, had forgotten about them as they are mainly Christmas themed.
Lorraine

Linby said...

I love that background and the colours you chose are so pretty. A lovely card.

Chrissy said...

Fabulous inky background Sarah, what a great layering stamp and the little hearts are lovely, gorgeous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lena said...

What a beautiful background you created! You chose just the perfect colours - so fun and cheerful.

Brenda said...

I am so impressed! My stamped backgrounds are always wonky. Love this color combination.